dead thread (monogram gb)

Inspired by @Giorgio Ns excellent build of this old kit and because I’d just picked up airfixs vintage spitfire mki and I fancied doing a hurri I alongside it I put in a bid for this, despite the artwork it is the 1962 mkI, just been told I’ve won it so here we go. Hope the mods don’t mind the airfix spit appearing alongside it EBD2-BA3-E-E4-FB-4-F71-88-A6-020-E8-AD37

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 7

Whilst I wait for postie to bring the hurricane, who hopefully should be on route, will dicuss schemes, Hurri will be Baders final one, as I've got the decals, and the spitfire was orgianlly going to be the standard DW-K from the new airfix kit, given I've got a gazillion of those spare, however this morning I found this interpretation of the same aircraft earlier in the battle, and as it stated to be at my home airfield and with the pre-sky undersides I have to do it now. And talking of the spit, here it is, my first build of the old classic B28-DBCE5-1209-4-A44-ADC7-AC3034820-B11.

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

It's not a great kit Stu.  Just in case yours doesn't appear, here's mine from the day.

No interior, no landing lights, see thru radiator, and missing the aerial mast.  A nostalgia value only kit.

Monochrome version of the boxart for the then new (and excellent) Hurricane IIb was misleading.

Not really worth the petrol it cost me, driving to the collection point.

Revell_HurricaneI.jpg

Wishing you well with the missing package case.

• Like 4

Yep can see I’ve been taken in, case has been put in as the mail didn’t bring it this morn, hopefully I get the money back to spend on a nice modern kit so I can build something else instead and I’ll pick up the Arma and the monogram phantom kit in due course

edit: just been told seller posted it yesterday so its back on 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • PhantomBigStu changed the title to -Abandoned-Revell 1962 Hurricane
33 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sorry to hear you cant continue. I hope you can find something and we will keep a lookout for a thread revival. 

Yes, I posted that as though I haven’t had a kit sitting in my Amazon basket for months and and the scheme chosen, promised myself I will buy it once I make some actual progress on the f-15b

• Like 1

In fact odered it now, amazon were offering the kit for 2 quid cheaper for a used one with damaged packaging so taking a punt...built it before as a D (though I hope I don't have a short shotted canopy again) and will be another D......(got the right parts spare I think as I didn't check the pylons). Looking forwards to this, not done a phantom in ages, my local also has the old snap fit longnose one but I suspect that could be a lot of work to make look decent 

1013761-48245-13-pristine.jpg

48822031648_4a8c8e8fea_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Seems amazon give you zero flexibility so I am returning it for a full refund....new kits gone up in price (that will teach me) and its out of stock from my paint suppliers so might be a while before I order another....sigh unless I go for the even more expensive monogram original boxing on kingkit with a decal set I don't have.....easy clicks ones off the table as the canopy is awful so I'd be in the same boat again. suppose that's a sing from the gods to get on with the eagle 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

• 2 weeks later...

MFS free limit in the end was too high given I’ve got paint to get from other sites and anyway by the time I finally got my refund from Amazon late last night they had dropped a new one back to the old price so this is back on the agenda assuming that copy actually has a full canopy……

Edited by PhantomBigStu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cursed, was going well to about 20 minutes ago, had all the upper sanded and needed just some more coats of tan before the green could go on, and dropped the damn thing so most of the sanding has to be redone.....so this won't make the deadline but will feed into this years KUTA 

• Sad 2