A CI (Hobbycraft) Avro Canada CF-100 Mk 4, in 440 sqn 1 Air Division colours

stevehnz

Got the decals on & a satin coat (20% Vallejo matt varnish & Klear) Still a couple of small touch ups & the sticky out/breaky off bits to affix & it'll be done, a job for this evening, lawns to mow this arvo, then some proper photos tomorrow, but till then, these to be going on with, I'm really quite pleased with this effort. :)

IMG_20221022_143209

IMG_20221022_143308

IMG_20221022_143236

Steve.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Great model Steve. Looking forward to see the final pictures. Did you use the kit seats ?

Regards

Robert

Yes, black seats, kakhi cushions, tan seat belts, all that was needed to make the all black pit pop a bit. 😉

With the canopy on, there isn't much to see but it looks ok, to my eye anyway.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Did anyone notice: when the HC tail part is joined up with the major part of the fuselage, the rear part is angled down a degree or two? Looks like the camel's back is broken. This is definitely wrong, the entire fuselage should be rotationally symmetrical, or when you turn it around the longitudinal axis (put the nose and tail tips between two fingers and rotate it) you shouldn't notice any swaying. 

The cure is very simple: ad 0.5-0.7mm shim at the bottom of the fuselage joint before cementing the rear part to the front. Further, the bottom line of the fuselage is then somewhat too straight, so adding 0.5 mm in plastic/putty will also remedy the not circular frame shape of the joint. These two improvements enhance the side view tremendously. I would say this is the single most important improvement when building up the kit. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 12:20 AM, maarten.schonfeld said:

Did anyone notice: when the HC tail part is joined up with the major part of the fuselage, the rear part is angled down a degree or two? Looks like the camel's back is broken. This is definitely wrong, the entire fuselage should be rotationally symmetrical, or when you turn it around the longitudinal axis (put the nose and tail tips between two fingers and rotate it) you shouldn't notice any swaying. 

The cure is very simple: ad 0.5-0.7mm shim at the bottom of the fuselage joint before cementing the rear part to the front. Further, the bottom line of the fuselage is then somewhat too straight, so adding 0.5 mm in plastic/putty will also remedy the not circular frame shape of the joint. These two improvements enhance the side view tremendously. I would say this is the single most important improvement when building up the kit. 

I'm not sure sure what I did here but I do recall a fair bit of filing to even the tail bit up to give it a straight line around the fuselage axis. It was a problem I was aware of & I was happy enough with the outcome. Your way sounds as thought it might be easier, something to try when I do my Belgium Mk V. :)

Steve.