I am delighted to report that I have dispatched parts to USA, NZ and Switzerland.  I have the first of my UK orders completed and ready to post so, if you have requested parts expect to hear from me in the next week.  I can’t do any printing today as the IPA in the cleaning tank is now contaminated and needs to settle over the weekend, I then syphon off the clear fluid and dispose of the resin residue.

I am going to rationalise the ‘parts options’ as everyone who has ordered the rear fuselage conversion has also ordered the intake duct and compressor.

• Like 3

THE FOLLOWING IS THE LATEST LIST OF PARTS, UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE IDENTIFIED THAT I NEED TO INCREASE THE PRICES VERY SLIGHTLY - Sorry about that, but you are still getting a ‘Britmodeller’ deal.

Parts list for 1/72 AIRFIX Javelin FAW 9

PACK 1.   Comprising:  Replacement rear fuselage + jet-pipes/nozzles + Sapphire 7R turbine faces + seamless intake ducts + compressor faces. £12.00

PACK 2.   Comprising:  Detailed Nose gear leg + separate Nose wheel + Main gear legs + Main U/C door operating mechanism.  £5.00

PACK 3.   Comprising:  As per ‘PACK2’ except that the 3 gear legs can be reinforced with suitable metal pins.  £5.00

PACK 4.   Comprising:  Left and right ‘lowered flaps’.  £4.00

PACK 5.   Comprising:  Upper and lower extended Airbrakes.  £5.00

PACK 6.   Comprising:  Upper and lower flush Airbrakes with engraved detail.  £3.00

PACK 7.    Comprising:  Seamless intake duct + Sapphire start/compressors x 2 + non-reheat turbine x 2.   £5.00

Pack 8.     *UPDATE 25 Aug* Comprising:  pair Martin Baker Mk 3JS ejection seats + Navigators forward console  £5.00 (Photos to follow)

Pack 8a.  SOON. Comprising Pack 8 but with a FAW8 Navigators forward console  £5.00

Parts to correct the HIGH PLANES MODELS Javelin ‘correction’ set!  The nozzles can be used to improve the appearance of the FROG/PLASTIX etc kits. 

PACK 9.   Comprising:  Handed nozzles (correct diameter, correct number of ‘slots’, correct rearward and forward facing vents, correct inward and downward cant) + Sapphire 7R turbine faces that press fit into the rear of their (HPM) fuselage plug.   £4.00

SOON :  FAW 6/8 and FAW 5/7/9 corrected Radome £tbd

• Like 3

Forgot to mention that, following a very sensible suggestion,  I will post packages with ‘track & sign’ as the primary option.

Update Aug ‘23.  The cost of ‘track and sign’ is ridiculously high, I am sending all overseas packages ‘tracked’ as a compromise.

I will do T&S if requested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well,

over the last 3-4 weeks I have sent my resin printed parts to the USA, New Zealand, Switzerland and, of course, the UK.  I am hoping to see a finished Javelin sporting ‘my’ parts on here sometime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeELL said:

Well,

over the last 3-4 weeks I have sent my resin printed parts to the USA, New Zealand, Switzerland and, of course, the UK.  I am hoping to see a finished Javelin sporting ‘my’ parts on here sometime.

That makes you an international!  Don't forget the guy from Singapore, who bought a few from you at Telford.  It might have been Bernard Cher, of M Workshop, as he comes over for SMW.

Mike

• Like 1

I have bought an inexpensive 1/48 scale Javelin (part painted and part started) so I might be able to create a reasonable facsimile of the cockpit for the 1/72 version if anyone is interested?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TeeELL said:

I have bought an inexpensive 1/48 scale Javelin (part painted and part started) so I might be able to create a reasonable facsimile of the cockpit for the 1/72 version if anyone is interested?

I would definitely be interested!!

Wow!  OK, I will see what I can do.  Viscount, I will really only be focussing on the 1/72 kit - but let me see.  I might be able ti adapt some of my accessory parts to fit the BIG Jav!.  Of course, it does all depend on how detailed the Airfix cockpit is as to what I can create.

It was a bit tongue in cheek there ref the 1/48 but any Jav parts are welcome because they are a bit few and far between. Anyway, I would definitely take three cockpit sets in 1/72, if that suits you. Thanks v much.

Cheers, Nige

Guys,

don’t get your hopes up too much, I will look at the cockpit and see what I can reproduce, but I am no ‘Eduard’ etc!  As to cockpits for different marks of Javelin ….. you find me the photos and other details and I will have a go, otherwise it will be a ‘generic’ Javelin cockpit.  I expect that you will still need to treat yourselves to after-market seats!  (But you never know).

Dave,

thanks for that, it is exactly what I anticipated, I wonder if there remained a similarity between those marks fitted with the UK radar and between those marks fitted with the US radar.

anyhow, today I received my 1/48 scale Airfix Javalin.  With that in hand I shall be looking at designing an improved cockpit for the 1/72 model and, possibly, re-designing my U/C parts to fit the larger model?  I’ve touched base with The Jet Age Museum, Staverton, to see if it might be possible to get some dimensions etc from their Javelin seat.

• Like 1

Today I received my package containing a full set of Javelin goodies from @TeeELL. They look great! And, thanks to the superb packing, everything looks to be in good shape - none of the parts came loose or broke during shipment across the pond. I am so happy to get these parts so I can make an accurate FAW.9 out of the old Airfix kit. I'm planning on the red and white bird that is at the IWM. I have about 100 photos of her. With those pix and these new 3D printed parts I'll have no excuse when building the model!    :)

Thanks for all of your hard work.     👍

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Thank you Bill,

it is reassuring to know that I have produced parts that do the job of improving that old model.  I look forward to seeing the end result.

• Like 3

The postie delivered to me a small box this morning from @TeeELL containing a number of Javelin parts. I have given them the obligatory once over and I have to say they look quite superb. The fit of the new jet pipes into the replacement rear fuselage for the old Airfix kit is sublime; they slide into position beautifully without the need for any glue. They look spot on capture the subtle downward thrust line and toed in appearance to perfection.

Wow! It really shows what can be achieved with 3D printing... its some form of black magic! Of course in reality its testimony to the skill and commitment to accuracy of their creator as shown in this thread. 

:goodjob:      

I'm planning to try and build a detailed/accurate FAW.9R from the Airfix kit incorporating all the parts. I know deployed flaps and airbrakes on the ground are possibly unrealistic (but on the basis its my model etc...) although i might go for one or other. I also plan to update a new Frog FAW.9 kit I have and for which I've got the Freightdog replacement nose. In this case I plan to use the undeployed airbrakes. For this one I may also make some intake / exhaust covers based on those in the Airfix 1/48 kit which should add a bit of colour to the basic camo scheme. They will be in the markings of 64 and 60 Squadrons based at RAF Tengah, Singapore in the mid 1960's.       

Many thanks - much appreciated.

Rich

• Like 2

Now I have the 1/48 scale Javelin I am in a position to modify and re-size my 1/72 parts to fit.  I am wondering if that might be something modellers might be interested in?