Just to add some meat to my previous.

I will list the revised component options and prices a little later - this week I hope.  I am re-working some parts to make things easier and I still have to resolve the rear fuselage issue - some slight compromise will be in order I think.

Right now, I just need to know who will be attending SMW and want parts.  Once I’ve sorted the options I will list them for your final requests.  Hope that makes it all clear?

• Like 2

I will be working on resolving the rear fuselage issue today, i think it is fairly straight forward.  Once that is resolved I can sort out the jet pipe/after-burner nozzles.

THE FOLLOWING LIST HAS NOW BEEN SUPERSEDED.  SEE THE NEW LIST ON THE NEXT PAGE W.E.F 11.00 FRIDAY 18 NOV 2022.  

To keep things simple my plans for packaging components will be:

If you are coming to SMW Telford, please read through these carefully.  OK?  Now, before you list your requirements read through again Lol!  I probably won’t have the parts to deal with ‘I ordered X instead of Y by mistake!’.

Pack A - Standard U/C set.  Comprising nose leg, nose wheel, port and starboard main U/C legs with actuating mechanism attached, main door operating mechanism (with 2 spares - they are delicate).  £3.50

Pack B - ‘Reinforcement required’ U/C set.  Comprising above but the 3 U/C legs have holes down through them and require rods/pins/needles etc to complete (some careful drilling may be required to suit support).  £3.50

Pack C - Rear fuselage enhancement set.  Comprising Rear fuselage plug, re-heat nozzles, re-heat turbine, jet-pipes (unless they have been integrated with the fuselage plug).  £5.00

Pack D - Air brakes extended.  Comprising upper and lower extended air brakes with integrated actuators.  £2.00

Pack E - Flap package.  Comprising port and starboard flaps in extended position with integrated actuators.  £2.00

Pack F - Airbrakes flush.  Comprising upper and lower ‘ready scribed’ airbrakes.  £1.00

Pack G - Intake.  Comprising seam-free intake trunking and compressor face. £1.50

Pack H - High Planes Models.  Comprising a ‘handed’ pair of correctly dimensioned re-heat nozzles (with correct number of peripheral slots) plus re-heat turbine.  £2.50

The items will be supplied boxed and with a guide to preparing and fitting (where required).

I will take orders forthwith, by PM please FOR COLLECTION AT SMW.  Pricing will be advised, and I will confirm that with you before processing the orders.  

Hope this is clear?

• Like 7

For those needing parts by post, I will action that after Telford.  For those wanting to print their own parts,  I will sort that with Cults3D again, after Telford.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeeELL said:

For those needing parts by post, I will action that after Telford.

Many thanks for clarifying / confirming.

I've been watching this thread with considerable interest. I've managed to source an Airfix kit and I'm definitely interested in upgrading it to an accurate model with your full package when they're available. With many thanks for your considerable efforts and ongoing perseverance to get things right.

:goodjob:

Rich

• Like 1

The rear fuselage plug is OK apart from some mis-shaping underneath - I have a plan!  Should be able go resolve that tomorrow.  Other than that, all the remaining parts are ready to go. 

• Like 2

This morning I undertook a major re-working of the rear fuselage plug.  It took a while and a bit of lateral thinking but, fingers crossed, I have resolved the minor ‘lofting’ issue I had.  It is 13.20 here and in about 3 hours time I will know if I got it right.  In addition, I rationalised the turbine faces (no detail lost I hasten to add) and revised the jet pipe part of the jet pipe/nozzle component.  Standby to standby!

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

for those of you wishing to get hold of copies of my printed parts could I please ask you to title your messages ‘Javelin parts for ** your screen name’, it just makes life a bit easier rather than going through a list with the same title.  Thanks.  Just 2hrs and 30mins before I can see if the ble$$ed print finishes.

• Like 1

I am both relieved and delighted to report that the latest rear fuselage plug has printed very well.  In addition, I have ‘paired’ the reheat turbine faces so they are a press fit in the rear of the plug and the nozzle/jet pipes slide in very nicely.

spacer.pngwhat you see in this photo is the complete rear replacement, comprising the 4 components to the left snd in the foreground.  I was going to think of a way of ensuring the jet-pipes can only be fitted the correct way round, but experienced modellers do not need that!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I do like the look of that, saving my pennies already. :)

Steve.

Steve,

if you have a mate with a 3D resin printer you will be able to get the files off Cults3D in due course.  That said, I am happy to print, pack and post.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TeeELL said:

Steve,

if you have a mate with a 3D resin printer you will be able to get the files off Cults3D in due course.  That said, I am happy to print, pack and post.

I'll check the printer bit out, but happy to buy from source too. :)

Steve.

This coming week I am going to start ‘batch printing’ Javelin parts.  I have a couple of orders in but if those of you who want parts for SMW and those wanting parts by post can you let me know what you want, I can ensure those parts get included in the print runs.  Please remember the add your avatar name with the message heading: ie ‘Javelin parts for ******’. 
Thanks for you interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I did a print run of ‘flush airbrakes’ with a couple of additional supports.  I am relieved to say that it worked and I now have useable sets to fulfil orders.

• Like 1

First batch print of rear fuselage conversions underway.  I have to run this twice to obtain enough for present orders so it is very much ‘fingers crossed’ all works OK.  I even remembered to top-up the resin tank.

• Like 4

So far so good, 

the printer has been running almost non-stop.  The rear fuselage prints have come out and The ‘flaps’ are being printed as I type this.  
i might take the slightly mis-printed rear fuselage parts (ie ‘seconds’) to SMW and offer them as a complete package with intakes, compressors, jet-pipe/nozzles and turbines?  It means the printed resin won’t be consigned to ‘land fill’.

• Like 3

Despite the printer running non-stop, I still found that I had forgotten to print the extended airbrakes!  Looks like the machine will be busy again on Monday.  I am focussing on orders for collection at SMW and ensuring I have parts enough for the ‘seconds’ package.

• Like 1

Last call for anyone wanting parts for collection at SMW.  I will be back to printing ‘top-up’ components for SMW orders on Monday.  I will address components for the postal orders on return from SMW.

thanks.

My goodness, 3 sets already gone to a guy from Singapore who couldn’t believe his eyes!  He has been hoping for an improvement set for the Javelin and … there it was.  I shall be honest, I didn’t expect to shift any of the parts - it just goes to show.

• Like 4

After all this work Tony, how much harder would it be to produce a new complete airframe to go with your lovely new parts ?    What was that saying ? Jack up the windscreen etc…..

Nige. A happy recipient of several of these highly recommended updates.

I shall leave that to an enterprising company of professionals.  I had a member of the AIRFIX Model World interested, not quite tye same as ‘the real thing’.

• Like 3

Something I should mention,  I’ve not created 3D printed main wheels because the Airfix offering can be modified very easily to make it more correct.  There are 4 small raised cylinders between the recesses, use a drill bit of the same diameter to turn the raised mouldings into holes approx twice the depth of the recesses.  Saves wasting money on ‘after-market’ cast wheels.

• Like 5

The latest batch of rear fuselage plugs have just been removed from the U/V unit, ready to fulfil the mail orders.  I’ve a few more bits and pieces to print as yet but I am looking to process the orders soon to beat the druid winter solstice that is fast approaching and everyone is getting all wound-up about!

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1