Just saying goodbye and thankyou for past support.

Greg Law

Well guys it’s been fun hanging out here. Rather than just disappearing into the mists of time I thought I would officially sign off.

Thankyou guys for your past help and support it was very appreciated and kept me going past my used buy date.

Unfortunately my tremor in my hands has got so bad I won't be able model to my minimum standard, as a result I hung up my modeling knife just before last Christmas. 

Now I have taken up  Microsoft flight simulator 2020 as a hobby. 

Good luck to you all and happy modelling. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 20

Well, I don’t really know what to say. You’re more than welcome to continue hanging around here of course, watching the rest of us still struggling. However, if you don’t want to, I suppose that’s fine as well.

Enjoy the virtual blue skies! :pilot:

• Like 1

Very sad that you're unable to continue with the plastic bashing Greg, but congratulations on picking up a new hobby. I used to love MSFS but don't have enough horsepower in my PC to run the latest version. 

Have fun! 

Sorry to see you go Greg but can understand where you're coming from. You've always set a high standard in your work, it has been a pleasure to view, so can see that second best wasn't for you. Enjoy your Flight Sim, I can see the attraction in that too. 

Take care mate,

Go well,

Steve. 

I can empathise with you my friend. I had to quit for different medical reasons. It ain't easy, but I find scanning through these pages quite cathartic and it still gives me a sense of belonging, if that makes sense. Whatever, and wherever the future holds, be safe, be as well as you can, and enjoy whatever takes your fancy.

Regards

Pete

• Like 3

Hi Greg, relatively new myself here, so never got to know you, seems like you are well liked and have made a big contribution here, so fair play on your decision.

However, there is an Flight Simulator sub forum here on BM where myself and others often contribute, please stick around and let us know how you get on with FS2020 on here too please.

I myself am a bigger Flight Simmer than Scale Modeller but do love both ... in fact I think both hobby's go hand in hand and compliment each other very well ... I bounce from one to one frequently and it does help my enthusiasm and zest for both ... but we are all different I know, but please consider keeping both hobbys if you can and if you want.

Perhaps take a break from Scale Modelling if needed ... a lot of us have done that and came back, including me :)

Enjoy FS2020 Greg ... Beware though, Flight Simming is very addictive too and can get quite expensive for hardware especially should you persue it, more so than Scale Modelling, you would not believe what I've spent on my FS Hardware and software over the years.

Have fun though, FS2020 is maturing well now with a new update out quite soon to include proper Helicopter physics and more.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2022 at 07:03, Greg Law said:

Well guys it’s been fun hanging out here. Rather than just disappearing into the mists of time I thought I would officially sign off.

Thankyou guys for your past help and support it was very appreciated and kept me going past my used buy date.

Unfortunately my tremor in my hands has got so bad I won't be able model to my minimum standard, as a result I hung up my modeling knife just before last Christmas. 

Now I have taken up  Microsoft flight simulator 2020 as a hobby. 

Good luck to you all and happy modelling. 

Sorry to see you go Greg . Enjoyed the banter over some Luftwaffe aircraft :)

All the best with your new interests

Cheers

Alistair

Thanks for the nice posts. 

I might have a look at that MSFS forum. I bought an expensive powerful computer to handle my work 3d projects. This allowed me to 

Enjoy MSFS 2020 at Ultra setting. 

I sold most of my stash over the last week which will allow me to get plenty of the addons. I still have about fifteen kits in case I decide 

to do some modeling in the future. 

To demonstrate how bad my tremor has become. I have a new neighbor who I had spoken to a few times. The other day she told me 

she thought I had a drinking problem because of my tremor.  I assured her I haven't had a drink for fifteen years.

I'm off to check out the MSFS forum.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your health problem Greg,  It's always been good to know you were there, hopefully, as others have said, you can look in when you need a break from doing the flight sim thing.

As they say on a popular TV show,  "Live long and prosper"  It's been good knowing you.

Bob.

Sorry to hear about your health problems Greg. As the others have said I hope you decide to change your mind and stay even if you are stopping the plastic bashing. You know you will miss the banter and general nonsense as much as we’d miss you. 

Enjoy the flight sims.