Tamiya F-14A 1:48 Ready for Inspection

Hi Jim,

nice views; however, it would be better if you posted your images directly here rather than sending us off to the site with all its other distracting images and swearing etc. 

Here is an example of how your post should look for best effect:

spacer.png

cheers

Mike

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, bootneck said:

Hi Jim,

nice views; however, it would be better if you posted your images directly here rather than sending us off to the site with all its other distracting images and swearing etc. 

Here is an example of how your post should look for best effect:

spacer.png

cheers

Mike

How did you upload it directly into the forum? I can't figure it out.

1 hour ago, Russmeister 101 said:

That is a thing of beauty!

Excellent execution and weathering!!!  You've absolutely nailed the paint erosion by sea spray  😲👏

Thank you! That was done with rock salt, water, and then a Tamiya clear smoke paint heavily thinned. This created a darker shade coat. Once dry, brush away the salt and there you go!

I don’t think the mustard tips of the phoenix missiles is accurate, don’t ask where I saw they were that color… but with all the white on the bird, I like the contrast it provides. Part of this hobby is the art too, right? Sometimes it’s ok to trade a little art over accuracy 😝

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony G said:

Well if art was your intention you have succeeded with honours, that model is not just art it is a work of art.  Such talent, brilliant  

Thank you Tony! That means a lot coming from everyone on this site. Truly!

And honestly, I enjoy this forum more than the US forums. Hope you all don't mind a Yank on here! :)