Koenig Specials 911

I had to take a little break from my Pagani build for two reasons. First of all it did not stop raining for few days and so I don't lose my mind. So I could not stay idle and had to work on something else and I looked in my case with finished models, where they share space with some rojects in various stages of finish, awaiting their turn. Most are Hot Rods, but since I'm in the exotic mood, this little Porsche caught my eye It has been 95% finished for the longest time, but it needed its mirrors, door handles - one of which I knew I broke in half, it's windshield wipers, exhaust tips and license plate. That last item is a necessety, because it looks mighty awful without it. The problem is that this model was almost finished over three years ago, before my move from Colorado and I had no idea where all those parts were. So, I spent the better half of two days going through boxes and looking in weird places to see what I find. Miraculously I found the micro pieces of the broken door handle and the good one, both painted in matching yellow, together with the mirrors and wipers. The craziest ting was that I found the decal sheet in some completely irrelevant box, which made a huge difference for the dash and added the windshield banner. The interior mirror came from the parts box. The e-brake and the shifter were found too in their plain white plastic. The license plate came from the parts box also and the exhaust tips which are probably forever lost, I cut from aluminum tubing. 

To sum it up:

It's a Fujimi Koenig Specials Porsche 911 Turbo

Paint is PPG original Lamborghini tri-coat, called Giallo Horus. 

The seats came from a Fujimi Koenig Specials Testarossa Spider, which got accidentally destroyed for the most part, so it donated some of its organs. The belts are artist's tape, which was painted gloss black. I would normally not do gloss on belts, but I needed contrast with the flat black. When the interior is enclosed it looks perfect. 

The license plate and it's decal is I believe from Revell's Audi R8.

So, except for the seats, it's basically a box stock build. 

I hope you like it. 

QAyoQ1.jpg
wezJAF.jpg
gzp3aa.jpg

0FpKTg.jpg

V12MBY.jpg

sLNWop.jpg
8gJzEN.jpg
WVjTWM.jpg
NhGqg9.jpg
Wjv4xl.jpg
dYPVDX.jpg

• Like 13

Lovely!
I built mine bog-standard (See my avatar).

Nice easy to build kit, but the decals were a true pig. No amount of decal solution would make the blighters conform. Certainly not on the licence plates anyway!

Yours looks stunning!

Cheers,

Alan.

18 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Nice paint job! It's always a good feeling to put the last bits and pieces on a model and finish it, saving it from a box. 

Thank you Jeroen.

Yes, you're right. Putting the last finishing touches no a model is always the best feeling of modeling. 

13 hours ago, Alan R said:

Lovely!
I built mine bog-standard (See my avatar).

Nice easy to build kit, but the decals were a true pig. No amount of decal solution would make the blighters conform. Certainly not on the licence plates anyway!

Yours looks stunning!

Cheers,

Alan.

Thank you Alan. 

It is a really easy kit and mine is not far from stock. Just the seats, which was easy.

I don't know why you had problems with the decals. Mine worked like a charm. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, FunkyChiken said:

It's a beautifully built model kit,  fantastic  finish and the paint is lovely. 

Thank you. I think the colors make it look more attractive than it actually is. 

On 8/22/2022 at 9:30 AM, galaxyg said:

Unusual kit. Great result - especially those picked-out yellow details on the interior. I've never seen this kit built before.

Thank you. I have almost never seen any Koenig Specials kits built. I personally love them. I have to say that this particular one is probably the least attractive of the bunch. 

• 2 weeks later...

A good looking build of a challenging looking car. I agree with you, it's probably the least attractive of the Koenig Specials models. I found a lot of his work wasn't sympathetic to the shape of the original car. This being one example, though its roundness did to some extent predict the 964. His 512BB and 308s being two others. Curvy cars covered in blocky additional panels. On the other hand, I thought his 928 was quite nice, and his Countach was unusually subtle... but then, it's a Countach. To my memory nobody ever figured out how to make a Countach look faster or wilder.

I did like his Testarossa based Competition, though. That was a poster car for me as a kid.