Airfix 1/24 Typhoon Mk.1b

I tend to lurk on the site, and in that time, I've built a few things here and there but never shared them, which I realised it quite selfish, and doesn't really contribute, so I am biting the bullet and showing off a couple of buiIds. So here goes!
I finished this kit about 7 months ago, but actually started it back in 2017. Yep, I'm a slooooow builder...
I picked this up at Antics in Plymouth for the princely sum of £49.99, which was frankly a bargain. Whilst building it up I realised that I was going to need a bigger workbench: this girl is a bigg'un!
I added some Airscale placards, Eduard Brassin cannon (Which don't fit properly) and some PE to the cockpit that you frankly can't see.
After breaking the lower undercarriage, (don't ask!) surgery was needed to repair it, so some SAC metal landing gear was grafted on so the plane could sit on its' tyres again.
The kit was painted in a combination of Xtracrylix for the camo, Tamiya for the metal bits and engine, and Mr Hobby for the white bits. 
I also decided to go with a very worn example. I know that this aircraft was one of the tidier examples, but I wanted the lok of an aircraft that has been very busy recently!
52276809788_64f7f2ec85_c.jpgtyphoon_3_4 by DaTinz, on Flickr
52276804298_31015a6e53_c.jpgtyphoon_side by DaTinz, on Flickr
52275814452_4103ec3f09_c.jpgtyphoon_engine_close by DaTinz, on Flickr
52277049744_bfed7a00e2_c.jpgtyphoon_top by DaTinz, on Flickr
52276800183_50482d8b0a_c.jpgtyphoon_underside by DaTinz, on Flickr
52276778931_6ea4ddcfe5_c.jpgundercarriage_detail by DaTinz, on Flickr
52277278100_55722e227e_c.jpggun_port by DaTinz, on Flickr
52276815638_f5e5aeff22_c.jpgcockpit_detail by DaTinz, on Flickr

• Like 61
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mick b said:

Excellent, still struggling to finish mine 🙄😂

Mike

It's worth the effort. Just make sure everything is absolutely spot on: even a coat of paint is enough to throw some parts off, and that can be bad when putting the radiator cowling on. The measurement Airfix gives in the instructions needs to be precise.

4 minutes ago, Tinners said:

It's worth the effort. Just make sure everything is absolutely spot on: even a coat of paint is enough to throw some parts off, and that can be bad when putting the radiator cowling on. The measurement Airfix gives in the instructions needs to be precise.

As above I’m nearly there Tinners but life getting in the way.🙄

Mike

11 minutes ago, mick b said:

As above I’m nearly there Tinners but life getting in the way.🙄

Mike

Doesn't it always!
It took me 5 years to finish this, so you're outpacing me! At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you enjoy it.

• Like 1

Hi

it is just missing a scale ' ivor's

cheers

jerry 

(who is hopefully going to visit Guz again one day and eat an ivor's )