Harrier T.MK.4N

Hi Everybody, its been a while since my last posting so here is my latest offering. A Harrier T.MK.4N by Sword, the first model I have built by Sword and probably the last!

I would have to say this is probably the worst produced model I have ever built, the flash was awful, parts that didn't meet and very little in the way of location tabs, to be fair a more experienced modeller would have enjoyed the challenge but to an amateur like me it was not an enjoyable experience, unfortunately with my OCD I have to carry on until its finished. I would like to say it was a labour of love but I'd be lying 😂. As much as I like a winter camouflage scheme I'd lost the will live with it by then, so this one is pre Winter exercises. 

Anyway here it is, please be kind and apologies to those who have enjoyed building Sword models.

As usual all criticisms and comments are welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

• Like 39

I say well done to Sword for bothering to create an important version.

Well done to you, for going outside your comfort zone in order to do justice to this subject. 

And you've more than done that, to my eyes.

It looks excellent and the model poses look straight out of Flight International (or some such) 👍 

I like 2 seat Harriers - built the Sword T10, and have two of these T2s in the stash. Have to agree that they’re not an easy build, but yours looks very tidy - especially the camo paint job... good work! 

That’s really nice, and superbly painted!
I’m wondering whether the engine intakes may be on opposite sides though, I think the upper part of the lip is further forward than the bottom. But it doesn’t detract from what is a cracking looking Harrier.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

That’s really nice, and superbly painted!
I’m wondering whether the engine intakes may be on opposite sides though, I think the upper part of the lip is further forward than the bottom. But it doesn’t detract from what is a cracking looking Harrier.

Now you've pointed it out and I have compared it with the box art I think you are probably correct, that explains the problems I had fitting them 😂😂

• Haha 2

Despite your challenges with it, you've wrestled it into a lovely finished display, I'm tempted to get one now as I like the two seater RAF stuff and this is a great bit of inspiration to go with the Lightning 2 seater sat above me on the shelf :)

On 10/08/2022 at 11:23, keefr22 said:

Whatever the trials and tribulations, you overcame them to produce a cracking build of the family model Harrier - top job!! 👍

Keith

Thank you

On 10/08/2022 at 12:08, cerperal said:

Regardless of the build issues, that's one of the neatest T-birds I've seen. Lovely job!

Thank you

On 10/08/2022 at 14:25, cardiff guy said:

You cracked it well done.

Thank you

On 10/08/2022 at 13:49, Winded Penguin said:

I say well done to Sword for bothering to create an important version.

Well done to you, for going outside your comfort zone in order to do justice to this subject. 

And you've more than done that, to my eyes.

It looks excellent and the model poses look straight out of Flight International (or some such) 👍 

Thank you