Compliment

On 09/08/2022 at 14:18, Fred piket said:

Don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum, but here we go.

Just want to compliment the members of this forum and the administrators with this website. I've been here around for probably a year now and have read a lot posts. What I have seen is the best and friendliest site for modelling existing.

I feel safe enough to post my build models (will do that in the next month or so) without being afraid somebody telling me off that something is not correct and that I should do better (where did I get the nerves to post this cr*p model is the underlying message I got). Nothing but respect, positive feedback and advice, banter and humour. I just love it.

Thank you, and carry on like this!

Seconded! :)

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Fred piket said:

On Imgur, if you click on the image that you want to post, it will open up another page with that image on it and a drop down box beside it. Go to "Direct Link" and click on "Copy". You can then go to BM and paste it into your post.

HTH's.

John.

Hey Fred,

I am brand new here and and joined for all of the reason you did.

I am very new to posting anything and didn't have a clue about photo hosting sites.

I signed up to:

https://hobbyphotohost.com/

I have only good things to say about it so far.

Set up by a fellow Britmodeller I believe and I really appreciate his hard work.

It is very simple to use so definitely worth a try.

Happy to assist with an idiot's (that's me the idiot, not you!) guide from one newbie to another if that helps.

Alex

• Thanks 1

@Fred piket: there, I fixed that for you...

spacer.png

I use imgbox and find it easy to use - just open the image, right-click on it and select "copy image link", then paste it into the Britmodeller thread using the link at the bottom right of the posting window that says "Insert image from URL".

@Sabrejet: I wholeheartedly endorse your comment, I've found just the same during the year or so I've been here.  Nice F104 Starfighter, by the way!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neddy said:

@Fred piket: there, I fixed that for you...

spacer.png

I use imgbox and find it easy to use - just open the image, right-click on it and select "copy image link", then paste it into the Britmodeller thread using the link at the bottom right of the posting window that says "Insert image from URL".

@Sabrejet: I wholeheartedly endorse your comment, I've found just the same during the year or so I've been here.  Nice F104 Starfighter, by the way!

I did exactly that, but the square in which to the link to paste turns red.. 

Thank you for your compliment!

4 hours ago, AlxBNE said:

Hey Fred,

I am very new to posting anything and didn't have a clue about photo hosting sites.

I signed up to:

Set up by a fellow Britmodeller I believe and I really appreciate his hard work.

Happy to assist with an idiot's (that's me the idiot, not you!) guide from one newbie to another if that helps.

Alex

Hi Alex,  I just created an account on hobbyphotohost.com. I will try later (busy at work 😬)

Just now, Fred piket said:

4 hours ago, AlxBNE said:

Hey Fred,

I signed up to:

Alex

You the man Alex, you the man..

I feel an uploading frenzy coming up!

• 11 months later...

That is nice Fred and I like the base too, but the pictures from last year have vanished.

:( 

I am a great fan of Postimge for photohosting, it has been very reliable for me although it seems to have days when posting is not available which I think may be because the site is being maintained.

Anyway I just thought I'd say how welcome your comments about BM are, it's my favourite place when modelling.

2 hours ago, perdu said:

That is nice Fred and I like the base too, but the pictures from last year have vanished.

:( 

I am a great fan of Postimge for photohosting, it has been very reliable for me although it seems to have days when posting is not available which I think may be because the site is being maintained.

Anyway I just thought I'd say how welcome your comments about BM are, it's my favourite place when modelling.

Hi Perdu, thank you. I like the base too, but I'm thinking about buying a diorama made of cardboard and depicting a hangar.. 

I've changed to Flickr, and a bit daunted to replace all the earlier posted pictures.. 

• Like 1