Revell 1:72 Boeing B-17G "Little Miss Mischief"

9 minutes ago, Fred piket said:

you won't believe me, but I've build the same plane.... Not as good as you did though...

Of course I believe you Fred,  why would I not?  And I am certain that your version is just as good as you perceive mine to be.  We are all our own worst critics!  There are plenty of faux pas on my build, I promise you :D

21 minutes ago, Rich75 said:

That looks great! lovely job,:clap: for (my) future reference can I ask what colours you used for the nmf sections? I'm hoping to get around to some ww2 heavies at some point myself...

Thank you for your kind words. :D  IIRC - I used AK Extreme Aluminium and Dark Aluminium....  Don't quote me on this though... I built it about 3 years ago.... :banghead: 

• Thanks 1

Very nice indeed. I've built the Revell kit... it's great value for money and goes together really nicely. I also like the unusual scheme that Revell have chosen, makes a change from o/all natural metal or the olive drab over grey. Superb end result with yours 👍👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, binbrook87 said:

Very nice indeed. I've built the Revell kit... it's great value for money and goes together really nicely. I also like the unusual scheme that Revell have chosen, makes a change from o/all natural metal or the olive drab over grey. Superb end result with yours 👍👍

Thanks for your kind words 

36 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

that’s a lovely build, l’ve a couple of airfix B17s on the display shelf and wonder if you have built an Airfix and how they might compare?

Thank you for your kind words.  

I do have the Airfix kit, but haven’t yet built it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fred piket said:

Uhhh, Wow...  really, really like the smoke and oil trails of the engines. Beautiful weathering..

Totally agree!

• Thanks 1

Hello,

A B17, I love it!
You have done a beautiful job of ageing, it's very nice to look at.

My wife must have got used to the idea of supporting the Flying Fortress, as there are five on display above HER library!
(Oh my god! and I just got two more boxes of Hasegawa models! :blink: )

Finally, I would like to add that I like the REVELL version of the B17, because it allows you to make many versions,

whereas the Airfix model only offers the Staggered Waist guns and cheyenne Turret version.

And also compare some parts, like the exhaust pipes under the engines...

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

• Thanks 1

Beautiful build!  My uncle was a bombardier/navigator and later ‘Mickey’ operator with the 91st HB 323rd Squadron. Your build convinced me to get one of these.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cduckworth said:

Beautiful build!  My uncle was a bombardier/navigator and later ‘Mickey’ operator with the 91st HB 323rd Squadron. Your build convinced me to get one of these.  

Thank you so much.  I thank your Uncle for his service, and I am honoured that you've been inspired by my build.  There can be no higher accolade imho :D

On 09/08/2022 at 15:14, Russmeister 101 said:

As I mentioned in my recent post featuring the Airfix 1:48 Seafire F.Mk.XVII, my finaceé loves Seafires and B-17's 

So, as well as the Seafire (link here) I built her a B-17G to go with for her collection.

y4mjTVUVkFkJuT91MknjpNzjV9T8TLBcyBHuVWc1

y4m-MRfbTpSk_PgJ-4VUvNfFDIfiCZNo0DOqT19e

y4m1xtSihNSy0F5Mp2Ikfq_hJiqDOSUBGKMnc2pS

y4mIhagMdK0Fwxp25lFiVRr6TZy4d6K5hOJa8QYY

y4mnkyNH1RhKLqtcLtrMuxsX1tNDoWnrpHeBJ7uU   

I like it in 2 tone of paint.

Alain