Airfix 1:48 Hawker Sea Fury

Another day, another treasure from the archives...

Another little gem from Airfix, that required very little in the way of hard work.....   A very straightforward build that is a reasonable representation of the real airframe.

y4me9uTsd40Xrcq2U0-ddbjai5dtYwKt6ha4B4TT

y4moRLYm10MitrsLFD0YRQAyAc27TL8zwSBptlut

y4mtGvceGSAoDEYo02c5wcNp9ovhS844B9ZcHHEF

y4mnlHc6zdKxlEcam24BhYItd-pvs1lWbhiGCbOy

Playing with the shutter speed, and a little post-processing to attempt to capture a 1950's vibe with faded colours....  Engine test - I think it turned out ok... ish ;)
y4mSWOX73ICjGLZpksDVymM8ZTUD63pO1La9klUd

• Like 42

8 minutes ago, Mick Drover said:

Very nice. I enjoyed my build of that kit, it looks like you have too.

Thank you :D  I did enjoy this one.  I have a friend that built his kit at the same time as mine, as a buddy build. 

1 minute ago, Wulfman said:

Great work on the Sea Fury !

Thank you :D  

5 minutes ago, Fred piket said:

I've build this kit as well, it's a fantastic kit. Congrats on the result. I really like the last picture.

Thank you for your kind words Fred :D  It's a great little kit for sure!

1 minute ago, 28ZComeback said:

How did you get the subtle half-tone lines on the tail?  Beautifully weathered without drawing attention to it!

Thank you for your comment.  I have to admit to being a little confused as to your meaning.  Could you perhaps clarify? 

The light panel lines on the tail, give it a 3D look and slight shadow effect. I have not compared it to the 1:1 planes on the deck of a carrier but my impression is that it shows slight weathering and stresses of carrier landings. Any other modeler would have over-emphasized with dark tones; you however have added slight half tones darker than the base color. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

The light panel lines on the tail, give it a 3D look and slight shadow effect. I have not compared it to the 1:1 planes on the deck of a carrier but my impression is that it shows slight weathering and stresses of carrier landings. Any other modeler would have over-emphasized with dark tones; you however have added slight half tones darker than the base color. 

Oh, I see!!! :D   Sorry - had a brain fart there... 

Yes!! I'm glad you picked up on it.

47 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Nice work. Unusual to see under wing white serials against sky though?

I thought so too... (although, I have to admit that RN subjects are not my forté)... however,  the great god Airfix deemed it to be so... so that's what I did ;)

y4miMyFEhDK6NTziBWMlekpiZXoFSowJQV6NKEmA

• Like 2

On 09/08/2022 at 14:17, Russmeister 101 said:

Another day, another treasure from the archives...

Another little gem from Airfix, that required very little in the way of hard work.....   A very straightforward build that is a reasonable representation of the real airframe.

y4me9uTsd40Xrcq2U0-ddbjai5dtYwKt6ha4B4TT

y4moRLYm10MitrsLFD0YRQAyAc27TL8zwSBptlut

y4mtGvceGSAoDEYo02c5wcNp9ovhS844B9ZcHHEF

y4mnlHc6zdKxlEcam24BhYItd-pvs1lWbhiGCbOy

Playing with the shutter speed, and a little post-processing to attempt to capture a 1950's vibe with faded colours....  Engine test - I think it turned out ok... ish ;)
y4mSWOX73ICjGLZpksDVymM8ZTUD63pO1La9klUd

Also well done.

Alain