Foose F100

This is the Revell kit of Chip Foose' personal Ford pickup truck. 

The model is built as intended by Revell with extra detail added. Originally the Revell kit comes with metal axles. This means that there are holes in the engine block through which that metal axle passes in the front and therefore there are also no shocks on the front suspension. This was all corrected, the axle eliminated and new shocks scratch built, together with matching ones for the rear. The engine was fully wired and plumbed with some additional aluminum and photoetch details. The interior received "carpeting" and instead of using the decals to recreate the two tone interior, it was all painted on with a thin orange wire representing actual piping to separate the two colors. 

The bed is actually the kit provided decal, which works great. Paint is PPG automotive with 2K clear.

I hope you like it.

Qck5Gf.jpg

EcXRdr.jpg
NxfFNj.jpg
y9UsHJ.jpg
iyqpqq.jpg
EB8aOL.jpg
p50Bi8.jpg
5icJ5x.jpg
iluttV.jpg
2Skdgc.jpg
hyp9sT.jpg

• Like 18

Beautifully built and detailed model.  As others have remarked, the paintwork is amazing and must have taken a LOT of work.  Stance is good, engine detail is awesome!

Great subject for a model, I love mild custom jobs like this one.  Everything just looks right, as you'd expect from a Foose project.

9 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Nicely done, excellent paintwork.

Thanks

8 hours ago, TonyW said:

Killer paintjob. Perfect stance as well. Very nice indeed.

Thank you Tony. 

8 hours ago, Neddy said:

Beautifully built and detailed model.  As others have remarked, the paintwork is amazing and must have taken a LOT of work.  Stance is good, engine detail is awesome!

Great subject for a model, I love mild custom jobs like this one.  Everything just looks right, as you'd expect from a Foose project.

Thank you, Neddy.

The paintjob took a little elbow grease, but was not that bad. 

I would definitely not call this truck a "mild custom" job. I mean the real thing, not the model. On the real truck every possible dimension and panel was modified. The roof has been chopped, the hood pie cut and reshaped, the cowl reshaped. Wheel base altered, fender openings moved and reshaped etc. The whole chassis is new. I mean, there is not a single panel you can use on a stock truck. But in typical Foose style it is executed in a seamless way, where the subtle changes are unnoticeable but have an impact. 

7 hours ago, dbostream said:

Looks great.

Thank you.

• Like 2

I stand happily corrected!  It's a beautifully conceived and executed custom job by the Foose team in that case, everything just looks "right".

• Like 1

Ooh I like this one even better! Well done. Lovely paint job too, I recently tried something black and shiny and yes, some elbow grease (and good fortune with laying down the paint) was involved!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 1:27 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Another fabulous one. I remember watching the build on the TV. The team 'stole' the truck and rebuilt it in secret IIRC.

On 8/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, Neddy said:

I stand happily corrected!  It's a beautifully conceived and executed custom job by the Foose team in that case, everything just looks "right".

On 8/10/2022 at 12:07 AM, JeroenS said:

Ooh I like this one even better! Well done. Lovely paint job too, I recently tried something black and shiny and yes, some elbow grease (and good fortune with laying down the paint) was involved!

On 8/12/2022 at 3:24 AM, mbdesignart said:

Excellent piece of work, I also echo the coments above.

8 hours ago, FunkyChiken said:

That looks stunning,  the paint finish is superb 

Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments. 
Black paint is tricky. Both in models and in 1:1 it is the cheapest and easiest to spray. Meanwhile it Is hard to finish, because it shows every single tiny imperfection. Worst paint to have orange peel on ever. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Truly outstanding!

Flawless paint finish and precise details - I love it!   👏👏

I remember the kit review in Scale Auto Magazine when I was a subscriber.

Looked excellent then and yours looks excellent now!