Diorama? you tell me.

Not so much a diorama more a display base, I think. This hard standing was Made specifically for a model show  though I have designed it to modular and I may add to it my only enemy is space.

DSC_3043~2

DSC_3042

DSC_3040

• Like 41

It’s a diorama if you say it’s a diorama. 

It has several people in it which, for me, is an essential element. There’s a story - life on the line. I think it’s a diorama, an unusually big and empty one, just like a real large aircraft serving pan. 

I like it. 

• Like 2

A busy diorama, possibly too busy.  An aircraft being marshalled in, or is it going out, while the darned gunners are driving across behind the aircraft, but definitely a diorama as it is telling a story.

Edited by dcrfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cardiff guy said:

Yeah sorry about the battlemech's these have been 3d printed by one of the guys in the club. Though the MOD need as much help as they can get 🤣

Don't apologise about the 'mechs, I used to be a big fan of Battletech back in the day and still have a lot of my stuff somewhere. 

I recognised the first two right away, there's a Panther followed by a Bushwacker but the third one's got me stumped. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's a diorama for sure! Put it in a box and I guess it's a vignette...

Lovely models and the contrast between the camo and the tarmac provides visual interest that lifts it above many similar scenes, IMO.

• Thanks 1

Cardiff Guy, I've just realised part of the back story, it must be 1977 as the Andover is departing for New Zealand as it's just been sold to the RNZAF 😉 Now its a really important diorama. Heck I might have jumped out of the side of that very aircraft some years later 😄 

• Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 19:32, cardiff guy said:

Yeah sorry about the battlemech's these have been 3d printed by one of the guys in the club. Though the MOD need as much help as they can get 🤣

could be a stage set for a prequel for the next Transformers movie ! :D

Right colour scheme for the Andover and Hercules too

• Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 23:36, cardiff guy said:

Not sure either, but he did say he had the scale wrong on one of them ?

After a bit of poking through my old Battletech technical readouts I'm pretty sure I've found out what the third one is it's an Annihilator class assault mech. I know it probably doesn't make much difference in the long run but it was annoying me 🤣

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I like this a lot! If there was one (extremely minor) point to make about it, the ground-crew man who's running away from the Battlemechs could possibly be re-posed to make his running a bit more obvious. But I'm really picking some tiny nits, here. Not being critical - I fully appreciate all the time and skill involved in producing this. 

I do find myself how different the story would be if it was framed three minutes into the future of the current scene. Blood, mayhem, fire and explosions, perhaps? Or are the robots some rather over-eager aviation enthusiasts? I guess we'll never know on that one...

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris.    

• Haha 1