Olivia Newton -John has died

RAF4EVER

Actress and singer Olivia Newton-John dies aged 73

Olivia Newton-John, star of Grease and multi-platinum selling singer, has died aged 73, her family says.

In a short statement, her husband John Easterling said she had passed away at her California ranch on Monday morning.

"Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer," the statement said.

"We ask that everyone please respect the family's privacy during this very difficult time."

An actress and singer, Newton-John achieved commercial success as a country singer and sold millions of records.

But it was her role as Sandy in the film adaption of Grease that catapulted her to worldwide fame.

After being diagnosed with breast cancer in the early 1990s, Newton-John became a leading advocate for cancer research.

Her efforts in the field were recognised by Queen Elizabeth, who named her a Dame in 2020 New Year's Honours list.

This is my favourite song of hers:

Edited by RAF4EVER
video added
  • Sad 7

5 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Oooops,sorry mate,when i posted it i read through some of the comments and i didn't realize Gene Kelly was in his 70's and still rollerskating,amazing....

Wasn't it one of the last movies he was in? Some good scenes in it but I still can't get my head around it. Such an odd fillm Definitely needs a decent re-make if that's possible.

• Like 1