ICM 1/48 B-26K Counter Invader. Well used, as it shoud be.

Hi all.

Here is my latest finished model; the impressive 1/48 B-26K (A-26A) Counter Invader from ICM. This is probably the most anticipated version of the A-26 invader family After the only options were the Monogram kit with resin conversion parts or the Must Have kit, which didn't look that impressive when I opened the box.

In my opinion, ICM did a great job although there are a few areas that need some impoving. Luckily, Vector produces a corrected gun nose and a set of propellers, which I both ordered from NeOmega in the UK.

The kit builds quite nice and there are no major issues with the fit of the parts. The soft plastic however makes assembly a bit fiddly from time to time.

Apart from the nose and props, I also used a pre coloured pe set from Eduard to spice up the interior and resin reduction cases from Quickboost. The (incorrect) wheels are from Eduard and I liked them better than the kit wheels although the rims are the wrong type.

The model was painted with MrHobby acrylics over a black primer base from Alclad. Weathering was done with Abteilung 502 oilpaints.

Thanks fro watching,

René

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by HartDeco
  • Like 63
  • Thanks 1

• HartDeco changed the title to ICM 1/48 B-26K Counter Invader. Well used, as it shoud be.

That first photo is just perfect and captures the invaders profile so well. 

It's making me think if I want to keep my first boxing of the kit or grab the counter invader boxing

• Thanks 1

Brilliant job on the Counter Invader! My favourite version of one of my favourite aeroplanes. I have a kit waiting for my attention, and I don't normally build 1/48th scale kits.

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1