Revell 1/32 P-51D

4 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

That's fantastic. Interesting that you've chosen blue for the upper fuselage 'touch up' colour. Nobody still quite knows what colour this aircraft was... but i like your interpretation 🤔👍

Thanks for that.

The colour question on the spine is a given now, after research by Dana Bell. If you check his article on Hyperscale you'll see the detail. As an ex-professional photographer and long term user of Kodachrome, Dana's analysis of an original Kodachrome image is the clincher. The colour science and archival stability of Kodachrome puts it beyond doubt that the spine on Lou IV was blue. I used MRP Marking Blue (MRP-124) on this occasion. Dana's article is a 'must read'.

TTFN

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, The Mandalorian said:

Thanks for that.

The colour question on the spine is a given now, after research by Dana Bell. If you check his article on Hyperscale you'll see the detail. As an ex-professional photographer and long term user of Kodachrome, Dana's analysis of an original Kodachrome image is the clincher. The colour science and archival stability of Kodachrome puts it beyond doubt that the spine on Lou IV was blue. I used MRP Marking Blue (MRP-124) on this occasion. Dana's article is a 'must read'.

TTFN

Steve 

Ah yes I've heard of the Dana Bell article, I will definitely give this another read. Your paintwork interpretation on his conclusion is very nice indeed and looks fantastic. I must have a go at this Revell P-51 at some point...now inspired by yours. 👍👍

On 09/08/2022 at 08:45, politicni komisar said:

Nice build!

New paint presentation for Luv IV.

Samo/P.k

Thanks for that.

As I mentioned above, it's the direct result of Dana Bell's research referencing an original medium format Kodachrome transparency, that revealed the blue areas in the scheme.

TTFN

Steve 

On 09/08/2022 at 08:16, SouthViper said:

Wow !

What a beautiful  model 

Really impressive and fine !!!!!

SouthViper from Brazil 

Thanks for that!

On 09/08/2022 at 07:21, Rob Maynard said:

That's superb! Love the paintwork and metal finish, the tarnishing of the exposed metal looks absolutely spot on! 

Cheers!

On 12/08/2022 at 17:49, Dric said:

Wow it's a beauty for sure. Lovelly mix between blue and green.

On 12/08/2022 at 20:31, Roberto said:

I love it, great work on great subject 👍

On 15/08/2022 at 15:18, F-32 said:

:clap:

On 12/08/2022 at 21:40, Fred piket said:

Fantastic build! Love the paintwork 

Cheers very much chaps!

TTFN

Steve