Eduard 1/48 Spitfire series - What’s next?

Mark

After having purchased quite a few of the Edward 1/48 Spitfire models I’m absolutely hooked! From the early mk.I, through mk.IIa and IIb, Va, Vb, Vc, VIII, IXc, XVI, I think I’ve got enough work to get on with!

But I was just wondering if they are planning on any of the Rolls-Royce Griffin variants? Any rumours out there?

• Thanks 1

Yes we really need some PR's, a Mk.XI and a Mk.IV for starters would be great. They did mention when they did the Mk.IX that they might do a Mk.XI in the future. It would be nice if the did most Mk's and Seafires, but it might be a while before we see anymore but you never know the A6M was a surprise.

Cue the "not another Spitfire!" comments😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope I haven’t broken the Rumourmonger rules by posting this as it’s not really a ‘wish list’ as such, but a genuine request to see if there are rumours of Griffon-engined Spitfires coming from Eduard that I had not heard of.

• Like 1

As mentioned before by Mr.Šulc, Seafires I.b, II, III, PR.IV, PR.XI, PR.XIX,

XII, before Griffon Spits( that for now have been dismissed).

Although one has to take all mentioned with a bit of salt regarding possible timeframes, it took Eduard seven years ( 2013-2020) between Late and Early Merlins , and taking into account that Mk.Vc has just been released + ambitious schedule, we may not wait seven years but few more years before another family is tooled.

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 2

I would like them do a high backed MK XIV. For me, this is a real missing part in the whole spitfire story! I'd like Eduard to do it but I've also written to Airfix saying what about a dogfight doubles type set with a V1 rocket!

• Like 1