Swift, Silent, Styrene: Super VC10 Final Report

38 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Agree, BUA, Gulf Air, MEA and Ghana for starters...not forgetting, of course, RAF Air Support Command. It would indeed be great to see Airfix dive back into the 1/144th classic airliner scene...

The RAF C. Mk. 1s are a little tricky. They are something of a hybrid that combined the best of both worlds. Short fuselage, but with the enhanced leading edge wing, extra gas in the vertical fin, and the big motors that are 11 inches further outboard with the thrust line tilted up 3 degrees.

Each time i finish a model, i learn far more about an aircraft type than i ever wanted to...

-d-

Nothing beats the elegant 'Queen of the skies' Super VC10 in the BOAC Livery. Absolutely stunning build with some useful tips for airliner building. I'll try some of them!

Cheers

John

11 hours ago, Viking said:

Nothing beats the elegant 'Queen of the skies' Super VC10 in the BOAC Livery. Absolutely stunning build with some useful tips for airliner building. I'll try some of them!

Cheers

John

i hope they work out for you John!

• David H changed the title to Swift, Silent, Styrene: Super VC10 Final Report
On 8/8/2022 at 2:20 PM, Skodadriver said:

Very impressive, beautifully finished model but I've never heard of the SVC-10 being called the "Iron Duck"!

Dave G

i fixed that mistake; it was the HP Victor, not the VC10 that was the Iron Duck. I Knew i saw it somewhere...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobsyouruncle said:

Beautiful result despite all the difficulties. So graceful.

The thing i'm discovering about Roden kits is, they're pretty good at getting the basic shapes right but you really need to work to get the end result. The way they engineer small detail parts can be at times maddening.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...