My Grandfather In Law's WW1 Avro Question

JohnT

My father in law brought round his fathers WW1 Flying Log Book  "Army Book 425" and I scanned it but they were hoping for a little more information than I could provide so while I did my best I thought to throw it open to the BM collective and see if anyone could help with more info.

It seems that A/Sgt J Hogg was born in 1900 and found his way to the now RAF at Shawbury for initial tuition and had his first flight with Lieutenant Lillico in an "Avro"  (504?) No 4553 under instruction on 10 October 1918.  He went on to further flights with his instructor and always in an "Avro" Nos 4553 again; 8977; 4516; 8977 again several times; all October doing "general instruction", "turns", "slideslips" and eventually going solo on 6 November 1918 in D8977 after an earlier "Test for first solo" with a Captain Williams immediately beforehand..

The handwriting is in script format so not always that easy to decipher certain words but the word "crashed"  (possibly)  appears against flights in D4553 on 7 November and E3054 on 8 November.  I am not sure that the word is "crashed" but it looks like it.  

Poignantly he has two flights in D3340 with Lieutenant Lillico again at 11.00-11.55 and 2.15 -2.30 on 11 November 1918.  I wonder if they knew the armistice came into effect at 11 that morning.

He continued flying until 20 November when the log book ends.  I presume he was no longer required.  His total time int he air to the end of the book was 16 hours and 35 minutes all on Avros

The Avros has numbers allocated in the log book as

D4553

8977 -no letter prefix

D8977

D4576

E3054

D3340 and E3340 - so I assume a clerical error there

Other names in the book are

Lieut. J Paterson OC "D" Flight

Capt. CT (or F?) Horsley  OC No2 Flight Group, 9 FDS Sahwbury

It would be great if anyone could add anything to the story or even a photo of an Avro at Shawbury at the wars end

TIA

John