1/32 Hasegawa Boeing P-12E

Dear all,

This is the old Hasegawa kit that dates to the early 1970's which I picked up at a  recent Kent model show.   This particular kit was a 1991 re-issue example.  It pretty straightforward build with minimal parts although some shimming was required in a couple of areas to improve the quality of fit.

Mostly built OOB with some minor detailing/additions/alterations in cockpit, engine and control surfaces.   Painted by brush.

Finished in the markings of the US 16th Pusuit squadron year not stated in kit.

kkBAn2g.jpg

THQANQw.jpg

sSw20XL.jpg

wSh2uZP.jpg

bPuzPYv.jpg

dDLmk9U.jpg

dRAczlf.jpg

iqWcYkT.jpg

Eu0cQVu.jpg

Regards

Dave

• Like 37

12 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Beautiful model! That you can brush paint yellow and get such a beautiful result just blows me away.

11 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

Blimey! Brush painted.....and YELLOW! How have you done that? Incredible work all round and the rigging is exceptional. Sadly I'm not brave enough to tackle wires 😬😬

My thanks to all for your lovely comments - appreciated.   Regarding the yellow painting:  

I used matt white as a base coat for this colour.  Top coats of the yellow (Revell aqua colour 'Lufthansa yellow') were applied in successive thin coats via the brush.  There will be around 5 - 6 coats of the yellow in total applied.

Also, don't let rigging put you off doing a model biplane - it's not a black art - you just need a method that works for you.   Rigging on this one was straightforward anyway as there are not too wires to add.   I used 'Pryme' knitting elastic for wing and tailpane; Oschi standard elastic for rudder and elevator cables and Oschi fine for the radio antenna.

Regards

Dave

Old kit and a superlative build!

Beautiful brush painting.

Congrats

JR

• Thanks 1

Ahhhh, nice to see one of Dave's biplane builds again, even if it isn't WW!! Seriously, that is one lovely looking P-12, and as others have said, amazing brushwork!

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1