ICM 1:48 Dornier Do.215B Nachtjäger

Greetings one and all...

This is my first ICM kit, but it certainly won't be my last, that is for certain!  Cracking build and thoroughly enjoyable. :D 💯

What a delight to build this kit was.  Had to think out of the box for the outboard wings, as I needed to force the gap to be larger to get everything to align correctly.  (See last picture, and look to the outboard of the engine nacelles... for some reason, the lower wing portions needed to be forced out to line up with the nacelle itself...) 

In retrospect, and it's not a particular failing to this kit... (ALL manufacturers have the problem with overscale radar antennae for night fighters IMHO.)  Were I to build another one, I'd go for AM antennae to enhance the scale effect.

y4mz-GSkxMW3ucWnSQ38XnJjqxmiDc1o-5gjfWBN

y4mIEl19pS7Vc0485RWHYhZlgkbu9yr8BqRxakXt

y4mXoKcXUxbFWfObU7rnpUVNh3NpGdrtT5XcGAM8

y4mg8hIbZmtfO1y7pm-ZM1MmP7UfCSziTDyg93-f

y4mLzSQTknIvOQ-bF4ryLlWdzUJETrT3S1tg82ME

Edited by Russmeister 101
  • Like 51
  • Thanks 2

Cracking build and you really nailed the camo scheme. :thumbsup:

It is amazing how far ICM have come since their first kits.

Radar antennas as used on german aircraft are hard to produce in styrene plastic. Especially the FuG 202 is difficult.

I have currently the same problem with a Ju 88C-6.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BerndM said:

Cracking build and you really nailed the camo scheme. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much.  I do all my camo free-hand with a H&S Evo with .02mm needle @ about 12-15psi.  It takes a while, to build up, but it's so worth the final result imho.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Winded Penguin said:

Liking everything. The attention to detail on the radio antenna wires is outstanding 👍

Thank you so much :D  It's simply Infi aero rigging wire and a couple of spots of superglue in strategic locations.  Once built up and dried, a waft over with some white paint and the job is jobbed. :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Lovely build and finish Russ! :clap2:

Why thank you kind Sir! :D  It was a very enjoyable build and a great mojo booster.  Highly recommended if you're into your WWII Wingy Thingies....

Now... I've got both the Mk.I Gladiator and the Sea Gladiator from ICM...   I feel either Faith, Hope or Charity coming on..... :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Russmeister 101 said:

Now... I've got both the Mk.I Gladiator and the Sea Gladiator from ICM...   I feel either Faith, Hope or Charity coming on..... :D

Nice - will look forward to that!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Outstanding work, beautiful paintwork it's got the lot!

Thank you kindly.  I'd be fibbing if I said I was unhappy with the finish on the paint :D 

4 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Superb Dornier. The finish is really enviable – smooth as a baby's, well…

Thank you kindly :D 

2 hours ago, Rob Maynard said:

Superb work @Russmeister 101 - The camo looks spot on and i am very envious that you can achieve that look freehand! 😄

Thank you kindly @Rob Maynard  It’s practice…. Lots of practice and a few kitten sacrifices to the great god PSI…. 😆:giggle: