Airfix 1/48 Chipmunk

I suspect this kit needs little introduction, there have been a few on here by now. It's the Airfix 1/48 Chipmunk, with Xtradecal decals for WK628 of the Central Flying School 'Skylarks' aerobatic team, based at RAF Little Rissington in 1968. Lovely kit, which suffered from a couple of stuff-ups along the way (try not to look too closely at the spin recovery strakes which are on the wrong sides!), I'll definitely build more of these.

1/48 Chipmunk

1/48 Chipmunk

1/48 Chipmunk

1/48 Chipmunk 1/48 Chipmunk

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 58
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

To my eyes, this is a really patiently done and nice execution The result of some expertly applied masking and paint👍

Many thanks, but the dayglo stripes are all decals!

• Like 1

That's real beaut mate!  

:goodjob:

What did you use to produce the silver, finish if you don't mind me asking Julian?

Rich

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RichG said:

That's real beaut mate!  

:goodjob:

What did you use to produce the silver, finish if you don't mind me asking Julian?

Rich

thanks Rich. The silver is Tamiya AS-12, decanted and airbrushed over a cost of grey Mr Surfacer primer. 

• Like 1

A lovely model. You must be one of the few people to appreciate the intent of the strakes; they really were there to assist in spin recovery and not to prevent spin entry. Just to confuse the issue, DH called them "anti spinning strakes".

• Thanks 1