Need details for a burned out BTR-82

spejic

I am scratchbuilding the interior of a burned out BTR-82A and need to know if I should construct the steering wheel or will it go the way of the gear knobs and seat cushions.

Also, burned out BTR's usually have many of their service doors open. But I can't find pictures of what's inside them. In particular, I need to know what is in the doors at the front hull upper and front hull lower just in front of the commander's seat (in the image below, the one labeled "21" and the one above it under the swimming shield).

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

That's actually really useful because I haven't found interior images of BTR-82A's that looked like this. It seems like the later the build, the more stuff there is inside, and there is variability even in vehicles all called "BTR-82A".

Here's what I've done so far, based on images of the 1/35 Trumpeter BTR-80 interior which are plentiful. Clearly there's newer stuff I have to add - things like the turret cage and the ceiling piping will be noticeable from the doors and hatches. Too bad it's going to cover the complicated floor work I did.

spacer.png

• Like 1