1:72 Emhar McDonnell F3H-2N Demon

Another exquisite production Bill.

On 8/6/2022 at 4:22 PM, Navy Bird said:

Bill (who never learns after building these old kits)

Bill (who who never fails to turn these old kits into masterpieces; with the bonus of entertaining the masses along the way) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, simply wow. Did I mention wow?

An absolutely cracking build of a very interesting naval type IMHO. You can always be relied on to turn these old kits into masterpieces Bill, and look at that ..... you did it again!

Terry

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Galligraphics said:

:worthy:

Thanks! Now get up and give the tribute booty to my assistant here.    :)

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

An absolutely cracking build of a very interesting naval type IMHO. You can always be relied on to turn these old kits into masterpieces Bill, and look at that ..... you did it again!

Isn't that a song? Oops I did it again? I remember because whenever it came on the radio I switched the station.    :)

5 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

“You don’ need no steenkin’ Sword kit”… couldn’t imagine it looking better.

The surface detail on the Sword kit is much better, but the air brakes are closed. A lot of the work I did on the Emhar kit wouldn't be necessary with Sword. But I already had the Emhar kit and its aftermarket, so why not build it? It was only six months of my life that I'll never see again.    :)

58 minutes ago, David H said:

I'm picking myself up off the floor, after being gunned down by all of those bullet points.....

Thanks David! I forgot a couple:

• Invent innovative new Anglo-Saxon words to accompany each correction/improvement
  • Use them loudly and often

16 hours ago, BerndM said:

Stunning work and a really well shaped aircraft.

:clap2:

Thanks Bernd. She has a bit of a belly that the prototype didn't have. Not quite the pregnant guppy look, but getting there.    :)

Thanks everyone for the very nice compliments. I'm about to start my next WIP thread and you will all be surprised with what I'm building next!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 5

Ooh, Bill, do we get to guess what your next build is?! I guess a 1/48th scale scratch-built Tu-80. Am I close? No? Well, brilliant job on this one. You've convinced me - I'm going to buy one! The Sword kit, that is.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Navy Bird said:

Thanks David! I forgot a couple:

• Invent innovative new Anglo-Saxon words to accompany each correction/improvement
  • Use them loudly and often

I just published my final report on the Iron Duck. The slogan of the plane may have been , "Swift, Silent, and Serene" but my build was anything but swift, and the comments coming from the factory floor were neither silent or serene.

Which reminds me- Airfix Swift, anyone??

d-cluttered.

• Haha 3

Brilliant job on the Demon. I  built it back when it first  came out,  early nineties?

It  was pretty crude by the standards of the  time.

But  you produced a silk purse from that kit.

• Thanks 1

On 08/08/2022 at 21:56, David H said:

Which reminds me- Airfix Swift, anyone??

Which reminds me - I have that kit along with a bunch of aftermarket. Plus, my kit was from the first lot shipped to the US (prior to any being shipped to the UK) and it does not have the tool damage moulding flaw. Maybe I'll build it after the BT.

45 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

Thanks for pointing out the Phantom lineage, fascinating.

Yeah, I'm learning that there is a lot of previous aircraft DNA in just about every aeroplane. There is Voodoo DNA (both XF-88 and F-101) in the Phantom too. Heck, the BT-1 I'm building now has a lot of Northrop Gamma DNA which I wouldn't have guessed. But I probably should have.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3