Wing panel lines of Bf 109F/G

fernandocouto

I'd like to start a 1/48th Zvezda Bf109F. When I built Hasegawa G variants before, the instruction indicated modellers to scribe a panel line on upper wing as below:

spacer.png

For F variants,  this panel line is not required. 

However, Zvezda's "F" has this line. I checked my reference, there is not such a detail on Kagero Topdrawing and Aero Details for "F", but on Valiant Wings publishing, both "F" and "G" share this line.

So, should I fill and sand?

I tried to check hhotos of actual aircrafts but could not confirm it.

Is it a modification on later variants (G~K) ?  

Both the Eduard BF-109F and the BF-109G-6 have the same panel line ...

BF-109F

spacer.png

BF-109G-6

spacer.png

In photo's of the real 109G, the panel line is barely discernable, but it's there, a very tight butt joint.

According to this discussion at ARC forums and release of the Zvezda F-2, the research was deemed correct, and there was absolutely no panel lines on the top wing surface.  The F-4 introduced three panel lines when the wing was strengthened.     Not clear whether this addition was right at the beginning of F-4 production or at some point during:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/207439-new-148-bf-109f-2-from-zvezda/

So Eduard has it right, the F-4 and G series share the same wing.  Looks like their F-2 is the same plastic, so either they found something new, or they decided to save on some expenses and just use the same molds?

Found a better example of the three panel lines (on youtube of all places), but again it is a Gustav:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JackG said:

According to this discussion at ARC forums and release of the Zvezda F-2, the research was deemed correct, and there was absolutely no panel lines on the top wing surface.  The F-4 introduced three panel lines when the wing was strengthened.     Not clear whether this addition was right at the beginning of F-4 production or at some point during:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/207439-new-148-bf-109f-2-from-zvezda/

Zvezda must have checked lots of reference on details. When the kit first appeared on market some modellers pointed out wheel wells should be round, but some F-2s used parts for E variants, so there's no mistake. Upper wing panel lines... maybe I ignored this character on F-2..

I bought this kit just for early type clear parts----as KSL replied, F-4 flown by  Horst Carganico.