Oshkosh 2022 photos

Red Dot

Red Dot/Andy...

STUNNING  collection of photographs. 

:heart:

:wub:

Looks like you thoroughly  enjoyed the most superb show on Earth!

Your photography is outstanding. 

Thank you for sharing your time there.

:worthy:

2 hours ago, Robin-42 said:

Boring was Boeing telling everybody how great Boeing is.🙄 A guy who spent years, sometimes decades building his own airplane is definitely not boring. Cessna’s are everywhere for a reason, an an average guy can still buy and operate a used one. New one, not so much……The RV series are the most bang for your buck in almost every category of homebuilt. That’s why there are so many of them. I am old school, I am building a fabric covered biplane. I was thrilled be the F35’s because I hadn’t seen one in the air before, in a couple years, they might become boring-until they light the burner!

CA19AA27-6CB6-4B0D-A956-9DCDD912EEA5

When i say boring, I don't mean to have a go at the owners. Each to their own, but I prefer fast jets or good photo opportunities. I did get some good.pictures of civvy types too

Andy

Thanks Houston

30 minutes ago, Red Dot said:

When i say boring, I don't mean to have a go at the owners. Each to their own, but I prefer fast jets or good photo opportunities. I did get some good.pictures of civvy types too

Andy

Thanks Houston

I didn’t think you were. It’s all good. Safe bet there is something for everyone there!

😀 I spent 8 days there and still missed all the vintage area and lots of warbirds. They always seemed to land on the other runway to wherever I was.

Andy

15 minutes ago, Red Dot said:

😀 I spent 8 days there and still missed all the vintage area and lots of warbirds. They always seemed to land on the other runway to wherever I was.

Andy

When I grow up I want one of the golf carts that were wizzing around!

36 minutes ago, Robin-42 said:

When I grow up I want one of the golf carts that were wizzing around!

They are great. You can flag them down and they take you anywhere for a small tip

• Like 1

You're right. The best thing to do is pick a place and sit there all day just taking pictures of whatever appears before you

Andy

9 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Bet you've no egrets about that!!!

I'll get my coat.

😄

9 hours ago, Smudge said:

Amazing as always.

Love to go myself one day. I must remember to check out some of those tours/trips. Maybe treat myself one day.

Cheers for sharing. 

Go for it. You won't regret an aviation tour

Andy

19 hours ago, Red Dot said:

Thanks Calum. There is nothing else posted online I'm afraid.

I was using a Canon 1DX and 500mm lens for most of these photos, but even though that is amazing gear, it is pretty hard to take poor photos at Oshkosh, especially on the main runway, as the sunlight is pretty much behind you all day, and just gets better as the day goes on.

Andy

Yeah I agree I went in 2017 and it's a get show for photography.

I was there in 2016. It's  mind boggling. Managed to see the Martin Mars and F4 Phantoms probably for the last time. 

If you do go I'd suggest camping out on the field. We stayed in a hotel in Greenbay so it was quite a trek every morning and evening.

While the air display is great there is so much else going on. You'll see aviation celebrities. I saw Bob Hoover just  before he  died. There was Kermit  Weeks. I shook hands with Mike Durant of Black Hawk down fame. 

Plus whatever your aviation interest you'll find plenty to keep you busy. The access to aircraft is unprecedented. Sheltering from the rain in a convenient open C5 or under a B17. Where else would that happen?

Definitely it's a must for any aviation enthusiast.

I was with a tour group, so we stayed at a motel in Sheboygan, an hour away. That was great but by the time we got home most nights, a lot of the eating places were closing.

This to do with lack of business late on, after covid, so will improve I am sure

Andy

However, the lady that commentated on the Boeing 777 Eco Demonstrator was very interesting throughout the display. She spoke very well and explained the reasoning behind the aircraft very well too.

Most unlike the usual American style sales pitch!

Andy 

• Haha 1