Oshkosh 2022 photos

Red Dot

hi all,

Here are some of my many photos from a recent 4Aviation trip to the EAA Airventure at Oshkosh. I hope you like them,

Andy

A-26-USAF-1.jpg

B-25-USAAF-1.jpg

B-29-USAAF-1.jpg

Beaver-civilian-1.jpg

Boeing-777-Boeing-1.jpg

C-17-USAF-1.jpg

CF-5-civilian-1.jpg

Dauntless-US-Navy-1.jpg

E-2-US-Navy-1-x2.jpg

EA-18-US-Navy-2.jpg

Eagret-civilian-1.jpg

F-35-USAF-2.jpg

F7-F-USMC-1.jpg

Mi-G-17-Russian-AF-1.jpg

MV-22-USMC-1.jpg

Super-Widgeon-civilian-2.jpg

T-28-US-Navy-1.jpg

T-33-USAF-1.jpg

T-38-USAF-1.jpg

T-38-USAF-2.jpg

T-6-USAF-1.jpg

U-2-USAF-1.jpg

• Like 29

It’s always a phenomenal show. Great photo’s! I was there three days, yet managed to miss a flying 109G recovered from a Russian lake, the TR1 and the Dauntless. I picked my days to see the worlds only flying F100, but it was a no-show, mechanical I assume.

Cheers for the comments all.

The U-2 was a real highlight as it did 4 low passes and rapid climb-outs.  I too missed the 109s flying in but got the Mosquito. You can never catch everything.

The F-100 was a total no-show due to mechanical failure on the way to the show.

Andy 

Yes, it is in service Lord Riot. It has been like that for about a year.

The Hawkeyes are one of my favourites too AD210. I think it is the sky that makes the picture

Andy

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments all. I deliberately didn't include the more common aircraft such as P-51s as I thought you would like something different.

It is certainly well worth visiting if you get a chance.

Andy

1 hour ago, John R said:

Lovely photos but I thought that Oshkosh was for home-builts.

John

It originally was, and still is. It has become much more corporate over the years and the Warbirds and military overshadow the homebuilts, but they are there in the thousands. There is also workshops running all day throughout  the show for homebuilders. I attended a Fabric 101 workshop to help me with my 1:1 scale effort for example. Another unique feature is there is just as many people ignoring the airshow, talking to vendors and taking workshops, as watching it. I missed it, but on the first day there was a mass flyby of 50 Vans RV’s of various types, all homebuilts. 

4 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Very f/good photos indeed.  Thank you for posting them.  You are so lucky to have been there,  Oshkosh is one thing that would be on my bucket list.🙂

Colin

As u said Colin, well worth doing if you get the chance

Great pics, especially the shiny birds at the start :wub:

WHAT the hell is this ugly so-and-so?  Looks like they got the Lego out and butchered parts of a Tucano. :owww:

Eagret-civilian-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Calum said:

Excellent photos Andy.   Do you have more hosted elsewhere?  What gear are you using?

Thanks Calum. There is nothing else posted online I'm afraid.

I was using a Canon 1DX and 500mm lens for most of these photos, but even though that is amazing gear, it is pretty hard to take poor photos at Oshkosh, especially on the main runway, as the sunlight is pretty much behind you all day, and just gets better as the day goes on.

Andy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robin-42 said:

It originally was, and still is. It has become much more corporate over the years and the Warbirds and military overshadow the homebuilts, but they are there in the thousands. There is also workshops running all day throughout  the show for homebuilders. I attended a Fabric 101 workshop to help me with my 1:1 scale effort for example. Another unique feature is there is just as many people ignoring the airshow, talking to vendors and taking workshops, as watching it. I missed it, but on the first day there was a mass flyby of 50 Vans RV’s of various types, all homebuilts. 

At one point they said there were 12000 aircraft on the field, most of which were 'boring. Even saying 99% are boring still means you have 120 interesting ones!

I had no idea what a Van looked like until I saw 50 in formation. An amazing sight.

Andy

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Great pics, especially the shiny birds at the start :wub:

WHAT the hell is this ugly so-and-so?  Looks like they got the Lego out and butchered parts of a Tucano. :owww:

Eagret-civilian-1.jpg

I knew that would be the question for this. It is a Grob Egret, high altitude research aircraft

Andy

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Red Dot said:

At one point they said there were 12000 aircraft on the field, most of which were 'boring. Even saying 99% are boring still means you have 120 interesting ones!

I had no idea what a Van looked like until I saw 50 in formation. An amazing sight.

Andy

Boring was Boeing telling everybody how great Boeing is.🙄 A guy who spent years, sometimes decades building his own airplane is definitely not boring. Cessna’s are everywhere for a reason, an an average guy can still buy and operate a used one. New one, not so much……The RV series are the most bang for your buck in almost every category of homebuilt. That’s why there are so many of them. I am old school, I am building a fabric covered biplane. I was thrilled be the F35’s because I hadn’t seen one in the air before, in a couple years, they might become boring-until they light the burner!

CA19AA27-6CB6-4B0D-A956-9DCDD912EEA5

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Red Dot said:

I knew that would be the question for this. It is a Grob Egret, high altitude research aircraft

Andy

No hope of anyone ever releasing a kit of that then :hmmm: