"Go Large or Go Home" - Large Scale GB Chat

trickyrich

On 11/18/2022 at 2:41 AM, MARADER said:

I can build a K-5 Leopold (1/35) railroad gun. Will it be allowed to participate?

well I did say I’d like AFVs to be 1/32rd and larger but I did say huge 1/35th beasts and they don’t get much larger than this!!! So all is good with this build. I actually have a half built one I bought (was partially built) I got for next to nothing, must finish it!

On 11/18/2022 at 6:06 AM, FG2Si said:

The biggest kit in my stash is this one:

i-nGk7TpN-L.jpg

I still need to figure out how to light it though but with a May start date, that gives me time. 

OMG!!!! How big is that thing!!! 

3 hours ago, helios16v said:

I've got a 1/32 F-4G (shocker :lol:) earmarked for this.  Probably in the short lived wraparound SEA scheme before Euro1 became the standard.

The other possibility would be to continue the 1/32 B-25 I started a couple years back.....but I'm leaning Phantom as of now.

what you build a Phantom!!!!  😱

😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

OMG!!!! How big is that thing!!

It's a big one. Never thought I see a Valk that big. 

Here's the company president holding the finished model.

i-V7JfhLS-M.jpg

As 1/32 is my preferred scale for aircraft, I've got a lot of options there too. 

i-2MmSWqh-L.jpg

This is what happens when you don't get married until later in life. :lol:

Edited by FG2Si
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, FG2Si said:

As 1/32 is my preferred scale for aircraft, I've got a lot of options there too. 

i-2MmSWqh-L.jpg

This is what happens when you don't get married until later in life:lol:

As that why my attic looks just about the same as this!?😲

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 1:04 AM, Marklo said:

Actually I had been thinking of a similar GB but as well as the large scales I was thinking that big things in small scales would be admitted eg models of say the Deathstar or the Empire State but in 1:1200 scale which would still be very large models ( I think the Bandai Death Star is 1/12900000!)

It’s a trap!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just realised I may have leftist a group of large models....namely 1/35th Choppers!!! Due to their size in general.....which is huge as the ones below can attest!!

I will consider 1/35th Choppers to be part of the 1/32nd aircraft family for this build.......it that makes sense??

IMG_3947-XL.jpg

I still have 2 more of these in the stash!!!

Plus I have 2 more of these as well, another MH-60L and a MH-60R

IMG_4921-XL.jpg

• Like 8

On 19/11/2022 at 18:02, psdavidson said:

I'll make an attempt on this

146977-17841-98-720.jpg

Though probably not the chopper

/P

According to Rich's rules on scale sizes etc, the boat is fine but the chopper would have to be 1/35 or bigger so it wouldn't qualify anyway, the lifeboat is a cracking choice though :) 

• Thanks 1

I might join in with this... otherwise it will probably never get built. 

20211229155746-32ee9642-me.jpg

I have the Paul Koo DVD that goes with this, which shows how to improve on the kit (that's mandatory, the kit is actually very basic).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I will consider 1/35th Choppers to be part of the 1/32nd aircraft family for this build.......it that makes sense??

we both need the upcoming apaches rich.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235109926-i-feel-deserted-gb-26th-august-17th-december/&do=findComment&comment=4548858

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dansk said:

I want the E version as that's what the Aust. Army is getting

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, RC Boater Bill said:

I have one of these in the stash:

i-PtpBvgJ-S.jpg

Maybe I should keep looking…… 😁

well we did have vending machines in the Turning Japanese GB this year!

A few more bits and a figure and you'd have a cool diorama

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

well we did have vending machines in the Turning Japanese GB this year!

A few more bits and a figure and you'd have a cool diorama

I got it thinking I could put a few 1/350 scale planes on it, then I’d have a “model of a model in a modeling contest” that I could enter in a contest…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not going to commit at this time because I'm not sure what my building schedule will be like for 2023, but would something like this in 1/24th be okay? Is definitely not a large scene (thats a cork coster), but is in a larger scale.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Would this qualify?   It is a 1/144 scale model of a US Revenue Cutter from 1858, the Harriet Lane.  The model is about 18” long.  (I wanted to use it as my entry for the Sea Dogs GB, but there’s no way I’d get it finished in 3 months….!)

spacer.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RC Boater Bill said:

Would this qualify?   It is a 1/144 scale model of a US Revenue Cutter from 1858, the Harriet Lane.  The model is about 18” long.  (I wanted to use it as my entry for the Sea Dogs GB, but there’s no way I’d get it finished in 3 months….!)

spacer.png

Hi Bill, 

That should be fine - the GB specification is "Ships - 1/300th and larger" :)  

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 4

3 hours ago, galgos said:

Beautiful Jeroen, just a matter of choosing the right colour now! 

Definitely not black! I'm thinking this... 

20221227194555-7dcd0747-me.jpg

Or this... 

20221227195113-b0277b2b-me.jpg

Of course, the 356 C is not as beautiful as these earlier versions. But it will have to do 🙂 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 3:53 AM, Tim R-T-C said:

I'm not going to commit at this time because I'm not sure what my building schedule will be like for 2023, but would something like this in 1/24th be okay? Is definitely not a large scene (thats a cork coster), but is in a larger scale.

spacer.png

That's cool and I think something like this would be fine. 

22 hours ago, RC Boater Bill said:

spacer.png

WOW...Pyro! I haven't seen that name for decades!! That would fit and be a bit of a challenge I bet as well!Very nice, the Red/Orange colour would look amazing!

5 hours ago, JeroenS said:

My entry for this GB was just delivered this afternoon. 

20221227160008-ca9a0600-me.jpg

I saw this last week for half the usual price so in the basket it went, quickly!

Very nice, the Red/Orange colour would look amazing! Even a silver one would look nice, but black is sooo boring for this wee beast!!

7 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Very nice, the Red/Orange colour would look amazing! Even a silver one would look nice, but black is sooo boring for this wee beast!!

Leaning towards the orange... In my opinion, the 356 coupe is one of the most beautiful cars ever made. 

• Like 1