Revell Tornado ADV

Hello everyone,

today I would like to show you my attempt at having a go at Revell's 1/48th scale Tornado F.3 ADV. Much has been said about the kit so I'll keep it brief.
I got it in a moment of nostalgia a few years ago because as a teen I used to have Revell's 1/72 scale Tornado ADV and the short nose IDS as well and even I knew about the kits problems I grabbed it anyway. The build was quite alright, although the back of the fuselage gave me nightmares. The construction, being rather complex because Revell has several Tornados on offer so it had to be modular, collapsed while being built. The rest was quite straight forward and apart from the air intakes the putty mostly stayed where it belongs.
It was painted with Vallejo colors, weathered with Ammo washes and sealed with Tamiya semi gloss varnish. That said the layer was either too thin or the decals are super evil because they still silver through and look really glossy.
It was built strictly out of the box, I really like the dropped flaps and slats and open spoilers, I can live with the crude pitot tube and tires but my understanding really ran out with the Sidewinder missiles, which are just annoying on so many levels. The look nothing like the real deal and lack any details. Even worse, they are correct on the box art :mental:

For a quick and mosty relaxing weekend build during Covid,  I'm quite pleased with the result. Hope you like it, too.

Have a nice weekend!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png