1/72 - SIAI-Marchetti S.211/Aermacchi M-311 & M/T-345 by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - new boxing

Homebee

Intakes and nose shape are clearly different between S 211 and M-345 but the kit seems to provide optional parts for both. Different cockpit layout is probably arranged by different decals for instrument panels.

I wonder if there any other shape or panels layout differences?

4 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Just wondering - what are external visible differences between S.211 and M-311/345? I mean these are clearly two different variants with different engines, cockpit etc. Looks like they're same geometrically though. 

And the subsequent question - what plane is actually in the box? I guess plastic is the same in all the four crates - so is it S.211, M-345, or something that would work as both?

1 hour ago, meindert said:

I had the same questions and could not figure this out.....

Any info appreciated 

7 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

Intakes and nose shape are clearly different between S 211 and M-345 but the kit seems to provide optional parts for both. Different cockpit layout is probably arranged by different decals for instrument panels.

I wonder if there any other shape or panels layout differences?

Exactly! -and ventral fins

Look at the instructios sheets bellow:
https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/9/5/4/1433954-64-instructions.pdf

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/9/7/0/1435970-38-instructions.pdf

Edited by Borisz
  • Thanks 1

Different shape of the engine air intakes, the 345 ones are squared, the 211 are rounded. Different air scoops just behind the cockpit for the 345. Different engine, anyway this detail is not appreciate from the exterior view. Of course the cockpit on 211 is different arranged compared with the M/T345, AZ/KP uses decals so perhaps the options are included in it. Probably the 345 in some of its different versions has two or four wing pilons, while 211 only two ...  these are the main differences ... oh,forgetting ... the wing tips have different shape. That's all.

Some corrections: the pylons are 5 also on S 211. About Wingfences: the first prototype had not wfs on first flight, after wfs were fitted ... first Wfs had  different shape from the ones on later S211 and other version till the T345, so check your reference.  

The Frecce Tricolori are on the list to replace the MB-339 with the M345.

Matter of fact a demo plane already flew in that color scheme...spacer.png

Matter of fact a demo plane already flew in that color scheme...spacer.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

Interesting fact that S.211 was developed almost simultaneously with MB.339, and now M345 (an updated S.211) replaces MB.339.

Looks like S.211 turned out a very successful design with high modernisation capability.

8 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Interesting fact that S.211 was developed almost simultaneously with MB.339, and now M345 (an updated S.211) replaces MB.339.

Looks like S.211 turned out a very successful design with high modernisation capability.

Inexpensive Jet Trainer would be my guess.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - SIAI-Marchetti S.211/Aermacchi M-311 & M/T-345 by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - new boxing in June 2023
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - SIAI-Marchetti S.211/Aermacchi M-311 & M/T-345 by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - new boxing
  • 1 month later...