1/72 - SIAI-Marchetti S.211/Aermacchi M-311 & M/T-345 by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - new boxing

Homebee

Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) is to release 1/72nd SIAI-Marchetti S.211/Aermacchi M-311 & M/T-345 kits in late August 2022.

Source: https://www.modelarovo.cz/siai-s-211-m-345-1-72-novinka-kovozavodu-prostejov/

After our Alpha Jet, we have prepared another training aircraft for the end of August – SIAI S-211/M-345 in 1/72 scale. It is such a two-seater jet with nice shapes, „it flies everywhere and all the time“.  So it got into our line of training aircraft, which are mostly out of interest of big manufacturers. Even this „trainer“ is not too complicated to assemble, it is simple in construction. It also includes some suspended armament and as is customary with our companies – it will come in multiple boxes with many decal and camouflage options.We believe that for the price of 16,95,- Euro it will please not only the fans of jet aircraft.  

Petr Muzikant and KP team

SIAI-Marchetti/Grumman S.211 - US Navy

SIAI-S-211-US-NAVY-bg34a-1000-768x538.pn

Alenia Aermacchi M-311
M-311-bg50-1000-768x538.png

Aermacchi M-345NO or T-345A
M-345-bg29a-616-768x537.png

SIAI-Marchetti S.211 - I-RAIX 
SIAI-S-211-I-RAIX-bg3b-1000-768x538.png

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - SIAI-Marchetti S.211/Aermacchi M-311 & M-345 by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art - release August 2022

Once again AZ/KP surprise me with an unusual and interesting subject!

My recent experience with their non-metal mould kits is not great though, I hope this time they will also surprise me positively in terms of plastic parts quality

• Like 2

Interesting subject for Canadian modellers !

Personally I will wait for a 1/48 scale Leonardo M-345 HET.

I bet that after their superb Leonardo M-346 Kinetic is already making plans for it.

About the M-345 ‘’Tutor II’’ in Canada.

The replacement of the Moose Jaw NFTC fleet of CT-156 Havard II and CT-155 Hawk plus the Snowbirds CT-114 Tutor is already underway.

It is called ‘’Future Aircrew Training (FAcT)’’. FAcT will encompass NATO Flying and Training in Canada (NFTC), currently provided by CAE

in a contract that expires in 2023 ;

The most likely successor is the brand new Italian single jet engine Trainer Leonardo M-345 HET promoted in Canada as the ‘’Tutor II’’.

At the start of this program, Babcock and Leonardo Canada were competing each against the other for the FAcT program but they

have now joined efforts around a unique M-345 HET offer.

The M-345 HET fleet will be privately owned and maintained but manned by the RCAF in a ‘’rental purchase’’ business model similar

to the one currently used for the French Armée de l’Air Pilatus PC-21 fleet of 17 + 9.  

The M-345 HET will be used for Phase II and Phase III of the training syllabus actually offered by the Turboprop CT-156 Harvard II

leading to the ‘’pipeline’’ selection of the pilots as ‘’Transport’’, ‘’Helicopter’’ or ‘’Fighter’’.

The Leonardo M-345 HET is also offered at the same time as the replacement of the Snowbirds RCAF Demonstration Team

Canadair CT-114 Tutor from 2030.

For the Phase IV of the syllabus for the pilots selected as ‘’Fighter’’, Leonardo offers to Canada the twin jet engine M-346 FT

(Fighter Trainer) but the Canadian ministry of defense will most likely decide a ‘’no replacement option’’ of the CT-155 Hawk

fleet, sending then the selected future fighter officers to the Euro Nato Joint Jet Training Program at Sheppard, Texas for

Phase IV training on the future Boeing Saab T-7A Red Hawk and then to be converted for the future fleet of 88 x CF-35A

Lightning II on a few airframes that will be most likely based at Luke AFB ‘’F-35 International Academy’’.

😎

SharkOwl

Check this Leonardo Canada marketing video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQIOmUTH6T4

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - SIAI-Marchetti S.211/Aermacchi M-311 & M/T-345 by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art - release August 2022

Really nice to have this kit available.  These kind of planes don't have the sexy appeal of a Mustang, Spitfire or Phantom, so a limited run kit is just fine and totally understandable.  I've worked KP kits before and have some issues, but they are not the end of the world for me.

Great to have interesting obscure subjects instead of the boring famous ones 😆

Cheers !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Borisz said:

Based on the previous kits of KP, I am realy sceptic.

Yeah, after so many kits, I thought they have bigger ambition and experience to do higher quality kits.

Like AZmodels.

Let’s give KP a little love. They are nice little kits and most importantly, they are. A quick count, form an admittedly fading memory seems to be 12 entirely new molds in the last year. I love Airfix kits but 1 new 1/72 mold this year (unless you count the Tempest which was really last years kit), doesn’t make for all that much modelling fun for a mass production modeller like me. Mech the same with a Eduard. Superbly detailed and accurate kits but few and far between. Keep ‘e-mail coming KP.

• Like 6

Yes, I'm glad if AZ/KP keep them coming, however I'd like them to keep 'em coming with a more consistent quality... all good to make these subjects in short-run form, makes sense commercially. However in 2022 we've seen others doing short run kits where panel lines are consistent and the plastic does not feature scars everywhere, kits where wheels are round and decently detailed and not blobs of plastic. Why can't they do the same ?

Their recent SF.260 was very disappointing, being in terms of mould quality even worse than much older kits from the same company, with all the elements mentioned above and a few more. I have resin kits that are easier to clean than this Sf.260 !

The company keeps proposing very interesting subjects and at pretty good prices however I'd really like to see some improvement, each time I try and each time I get disappointed. Hopefully this will be the right time ?

(Talking about short run kits of course, the ones from metal moulds are a different story)

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 3

Each cottage industry company is a world.  Besides the big companies (maybe 20?), the rest is a one man show or is basically the product of some people making some models they don't see in the market.  Totally understand that quality is important, but most important to me is the availability of obscure subjects.  

Older modellers like me tend to work on the available kit and improve it.  Maybe my personal suggestion for the guys at KP and other cottage companies is to make their best (and in a financially efficient way) to get the modeller to an easier journey to complete a nice finished model.  That would make more sales and get better branding.

My two cents.

Juan 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2022 at 5:15 PM, JFM148 said:

Each cottage industry company is a world.  Besides the big companies (maybe 20?), the rest is a one man show or is basically the product of some people making some models they don't see in the market.  Totally understand that quality is important, but most important to me is the availability of obscure subjects.  

Older modellers like me tend to work on the available kit and improve it.  Maybe my personal suggestion for the guys at KP and other cottage companies is to make their best (and in a financially efficient way) to get the modeller to an easier journey to complete a nice finished model.  That would make more sales and get better branding.

My two cents.

Juan 

I disagree

I think there should be a minimum standard, and giving a pass to a manufacturer because he produced a bad kit of a plane we like should not happen

Paolo

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Paolo6691 said:

I disagree

I think there should be a minimum standard, and giving a pass to a manufacturer because he produced a bad kit of a plane we like should not happen

Paolo

Just to understand the comment, What is "a minimum standard"?  Compared to what manufacturer?

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 5:56 PM, JFM148 said:

Just to understand the comment, What is "a minimum standard"?  Compared to what manufacturer?

For me minimum standard is that I don't have to replace parts because they are completely misshapen or that it fits where it touches.

An example of basic kit that meet this standard is the 1/72 Airfix Spitfire PR XIX, quite basic, big trenches, but the shape  is there and when assembled from the box is not too bad (no tailplanes at different height or longitudinally, all of it look as the same standard, not one wing fine line and  the other big ones, etc etc)

I am going by memory about the Spitfire, so I may be wrong.

Paolo

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - SIAI-Marchetti S.211/Aermacchi M-311 & M/T-345 by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art+schemes - release August 2022

Box art & schemes

- ref. KPM0345 - Leonardo M-345

Source: https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/leonardo-m-345/

KPM0345-box.webp
KPM0345-kamo.webp

- ref. KPM0346 - SIAI S-211

Source: https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/siai-s-211/

KPM0346-box.webp
KPM0346-kamo.webp

- ref. KPM0347 - SIAI S-211 - In other services

Source: https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/siai-s-211-in-other-services/

KPM0347-box.webp
KPM0347-kamo.webp

- ref. KPM0348 - SIAI M-311

Source: https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/siai-m-311/

KPM0348-box.webp
KPM0348-kamo.webp

V.P.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - SIAI-Marchetti S.211/Aermacchi M-311 & M/T-345 by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released

Released

- ref. KPM0345 - Leonardo M-345 - https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10684,en_leonardo-m-345.html

- ref. KPM0346 - SIAI S-211 - https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10685,en_siai-s-211.html

- ref. KPM0347 - SIAI S-211 - In other services - https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10686,en_siai-s-211-in-other-services-.html

- ref. KPM0348 - SIAI M-311 - https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10687,en_siai-m-311.html

KPM0345-box.jpg KPM0346-box.jpg

KPM0347-box.jpg KPM0348-box.jpg

V.P.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering - what are external visible differences between S.211 and M-311/345? I mean these are clearly two different variants with different engines, cockpit etc. Looks like they're same geometrically though. 

And the subsequent question - what plane is actually in the box? I guess plastic is the same in all the four crates - so is it S.211, M-345, or something that would work as both?

2 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Just wondering - what are external visible differences between S.211 and M-311/345? I mean these are clearly two different variants with different engines, cockpit etc. Looks like they're same geometrically though. 

And the subsequent question - what plane is actually in the box? I guess plastic is the same in all the four crates - so is it S.211, M-345, or something that would work as both?

I had the same questions and could not figure this out.....

Any info appreciated