Boeing 737-800 UIA - Ukraine International Airlines UR-PSP

Hello Comrades! 😀

So let me show you the result of my last finished work in regular scale for me.

Basically, I wasn't going to make another one of 737-series. That was finished with 4 ready models on the shelve. But one of them had found a new owner, and I've got some free space in 737s row. And after I've built Aeroflot aircraft, I've decided that UIA livery will be a good choice to place that models together. 

This was really quick built - it took only 2 weeks that is really "blitz-built" for me. (Usually I need at least 3 weeks or more).

Zvezda-737NG kit is very high quality as always. And the only few words I'm going to say about the kit is that gradually the manufacturer upgrades kits. If the older 737-800 was accompanied with old-style Utair decals from the box, so fresh edition consists new-style Utair livery. Really it wasn't really important in my case, but by the way Zvezda upgraded the decal for pilots windows edges. Now they became thin and neat, despite the previous version that was too massive and non-scale looking. 

Paint-works in this built was as minimal as possible to create normal model. Usually when I need white and smooth surface, I apply a thin layer of Decorix from the can, and then use Mr.Hobby H-1 with airbrush. But in this case I've just covered plastics with three or four layers of Decorix primer, giving it some time for drying up between layers. And finally I've sanded the surface with sanding-paper (2500) plus a few water. The ready surface maybe is not as ideal as after Mr.Hobby paint, but really after covered with some Future, it looks similar. 

Blue tail was airbrushed with Master-Acrylic #36 (blue). Wing and stabs edges are covered with Tamiya X-11 chrome silver. Hot parts of engines are airbrushed with a mix of MAKR-aluminium plus some yellow and green Master-Acrylics. Tyres are Mr. Hobby H-77 tyre-black. Chassies I've painted with thin usual brush with Jim-scale light-gray. 

Decals I've purchased from Ascensio. I've used this production earlier (Norwegian 737MAX for example). So it's reach, good-quality decals. The only one thing is too thick white background for blue-area elements. In fact, the decal-sheet was enough to get ready model. But I've used some out-of-box elements as well. The technical stencils look more natural in Zvezda's decals, and also I've applied decal windows edges for passenger windows and for cockpit as well.

I wasn't going invent a bicycle one more time, so the lacquer is Pledge Fuutre (two layers) under decals. After decals were applied and dried up, there is one more layer of Future, and a thin layer of satin lacquer (Future + 5% X-21 Flat base) as final coverage and to reduce surplus shine on the photos.

As the model was finished, I've noticed some disadvantages as always. But generally I like the result. Hope you will like it too 🙂 

The comments and criticism are welcome as usual.

Respects, tMikha.

y4mQGF2UnpXCrRP2r_u4g8RWD-XrYVHNQh3Gc4l1y4mshqQeZXTg8q9jIDvqZdnSu4Juu9GSgTQp5Gwj

y4mA-mwkDjgg2om2XG-uclof5BKZ6yGeZgogkgqC

y4mIJEzW-j1bAtNcHk6_3n6L_nrnwDngKqMw86FI

y4mratVG_lvFb2w_9XwZYF8C4Yi1swuqptKXSwmq

y4mpMExT0QS8k2cKgctTbzyAlRTkAYxPGuIYj4LA

y4mexSj-pnEPnnhNlbGp64aivEbVDxv5WzkQQeLF

y4mmbHArkxcoYBFQbIgZkJRW5wcU2Ky2VWpw9Qp_

y4m1lAEosVFH_LaiIJ5QPOKo_g-V53p75cdx8UWn

y4mvLDU4eZXUlvXv_FRzI3AGzed4FdA4_6vMTkuJ

y4m1VX3mAQG1juwIwNWiCX3T-GjTXrOGXedhlkcx

y4mcJ0fXRt-wgN7bJSI98a6tmEAaaoPwxOYmnaE0

y4mT7GQBdq2ns08dfTqzmyZf_hCYejdX1cD078im

y4mQls1PMTc5eTxIMyQCv57po-mgx1WA5rbCPAw1

y4mILZC-b-i0J5AXrwjd1Wqrz32oImKgCZ4KuN3W

y4mXeNM1x9EkQPgcBmoArPwPsL5rX9xMVWJzkO8q

y4mqZsRniKBtK6kjrekNkwVpiIkUZP9TyrLeOUxd

y4mov3Buu1xcNNaSpLECf9xSJezG4udy2RoVI8eS

Edited by tMikha
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Nicely done, and so quickly!  Your bare-metal leading edge on the winglet in this scale is really precise.  How much time to you give between coats of Future?

Thank you! Really Tamya X-11 certainly is the best metallic I’ve used. 

What about Future, I give it at least 24 hr for drying up before any further actions with the model. 

• tMikha changed the title to Boeing 737-800 UIA - Ukraine International Airlines UR-PSP
5 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

Really terrific model, diorama and pictures. As Rupert said, seeing your post is a great beginning to my day.

Thank's! Really glad for such reaction that model causes 😀