Airfix 1:24 Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat Number 32

ust looking through my build pics and realised I'd missed out some of the finished engine before mounting. Since it's almost a model in itself I thought I'd include a few....

Important to say, I only ever use post production to try and recreate what I see with my eye, but on the photo. Never, ever any removal of faults, errors or anything else. It's warts and all. Thanks again for looking.

asrg73P.jpg

uftJVhd.jpg

IQLrxDh.jpg

ooHIRPZ.jpg

1LOhPBl.jpg

bJ0HVmE.jpg

h6AaBfJ.jpg

4MpNCbU.jpg

EmLXfu9.jpg

gKL2LIc.jpg

dRRuCGN.jpg

I41YrrT.jpg

XIf4Gx0.jpg

2Iy54Ol.jpg

6KS1tYG.jpg

qfrBYz4.jpg

cbOPtSy.jpg

MZWa9vN.jpg

4cmG5nY.jpg

yGXANw6.jpg

hpNTYag.jpg

• Like 52
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, NMS Models said:

A masterwork of a Hellcat! This one is on my bucket list so I'll definitely be stealing some ideas taking inspiration from your build right here!

🤣🤣 feel free and thanks

I had to look twice at the cockpit pictures, I thought they were of a real one. A fantastic finish, really impressive work. Do you have a place big enough to display it?

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BleedingBlue said:

The engine itself is a display worthy model.  Beautiful work.

How did you create the dented fuel tank?  That's a great detail.

Thank you so much. A dremmel on both low and high speed is the answer. Carved a few dents on lower speed then literally melted the flange gently to get the dints

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, neilspen said:

I had to look twice at the cockpit pictures, I thought they were of a real one. A fantastic finish, really impressive work. Do you have a place big enough to display it?

Thank you so much. Anywhere to display? No I don't LOL. I never do working in large scale. They're either commission or go on ebay

• Like 1