Adlerflügel! Focke Wulf Fw 190A-3 "Black 13" (Hasegawa 1:48) Finished!

After building Revell's 1:32 Me 262, I thought I'd start on this one. 

This Fw 190A-3 is the original new tool version that would spawn so many boxings by Hasegawa. The plan is to build it as Black 13 with the Eagle Head on the nose. Decals look great on the sheet. Hopefully they won't breal when placed in warm water. The Eagle Head will also be a test to try my Mr. Mark Softer.

Here's a photo of the box.

SwQIq7i.jpeg

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Eagle Head

I didn’t check the markings on the box top and was thinking “I’m sure that’s a chicken not an eagle”…

More coffee required. Looking forward to the build!

Regards,

Adrian

• Haha 2

I started the 190 yesterday by painting the cockpit parts. Here's the instrument panel and the side consoles with the decals added. I used Mr. Mark Softer to make them conform to the irregularitiesof the parts.

cxbI3Zb.jpeg

6hpQqHb.jpeg

• Like 3

More progress before going to bed. Here's the propeller. It was painted RLM 70 with a silver cooling fan.

I'm also taking part on the "Brushes Only" Group Build on the Model Makers subreddit (on Reddit). The GB began this week and lasts until December of this year, so there's plenty of time to post there. The basics of that GB is to paint everything by brush (you can spray a primer though). You only need a Reddit account, join the subreddit (no waiting time), and begin posting. Hope to see you there!

faXmeVK.jpeg

Here's also the cockpit and the fuselage halves. The cockpit doesn't have the best fit, it's a bit sloppy. I ended up epoxing the front part of the cockpit to the fuselage's front.

NQ5owj5.jpeg

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 2

Just glue the fuselage halves and the wingspars to the lower wing. I discovered later that the engine holder hadn't been glued straight, but I could pry it loose and reglue it correctly.

7mmFaNw.jpeg

• Like 2

The 190 was taped to prevent the wings from drooping. The elevators were also taped before to obtain a 90° angle to the vertical stabilizer.

3eb1W5x.jpeg

• Like 2

Decals have been applied. They looked fine in the sheet, but were very brittle once I started applying them. I almost ruin the 13 and one of the crosses. Also, due to my carelessness, I sliced one of the walk lines in half, which I won't use, but annoying nonetheless.

f1VdPEQ.jpeg

vmYKwms.jpeg

UsQf5kU.jpeg

• Like 1

• Sturmovik changed the title to Adlerflügel! Focke Wulf Fw 190A-3 "Black 13" (Hasegawa 1:48) Finished!