Kinetic NF-5A +1

• 5 weeks later...

I then added the leading and trailing edge flaps and windscreen to the F-5A and prepped everything for priming.

spacer.png

I used a thin coat of clear lacquer as a primer for the primer :lol:  and then a coat of grey car primer from a rattle can.   Next step was to spray the whole thing with Xtracrylix XA1138 FS16473 ADC Grey.   The control surfaces and panels on the spine and nose were then masked and sprayed with Lifecolor UA-041 Aircraft Grey.  This is also supposed to be FS16473 but it is a slightly lighter shade than the Xtracrylix paint and serves to break up the plain colour.

spacer.png

At this point I got carried away with the excitement of it all and neglected to document the next stage of spraying the red panels and detail painting...   :wall: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

At this point I got carried away with the excitement of it all and neglected to document the next stage of spraying the red panels and detail painting...   :wall: 

... which means that the next thing that you see is with the decals completed.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

Back with the NF-5.  The decals have now been applied.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The carrier film around the serial number on the tail is very visible.  This is because the decals reacted badly with the lacquer that I use, the first time this has happened to me.  I have a couple of options to cure this.  I could strip off the serials and use those from the second kit.  However, I think I will initially try carefully drybrushing over the visible carrier film in an attempt to hide it.

• Like 9

Looks like good progress, Enzo.

Now, about that missed documentation; just double-checking the rules:  📚 :book:

You must keep an updated thread with pictures going, no going from box art to finished model with nothing in between.

Well, there's something of the build shown, so you are within the rule ;)

• Haha 4

Really nice work Enzo, they are both coming on really well.

I really like the USAF one with the contrast between the red and grey and varying the paint for the grey has helped break up the single colour. Not that I don't like the Dutch aircraft as I do and think that the F-16 style camo looks very much in place on the sleek NF-5A.

🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

And again...   :yahoo:    I decided to put Winders on the wingtips, just to make it different from the NF-5A.  All the pictures I have seen of this aircraft show tanks, but I figure it must have had a role change at least one.   Modellers' licence. :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9