1/48 - Zerbe Air Sedan by AviS - released

Homebee

3 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Hats off (or chapeau! as I believer the younger, more hip are apt to say)to anyone who makes kits of such obscure types. Ditto to anyone who got inside the actual aircraft. They're a lot braver than I am!

Obscure indeed! It made only one flight with just a pilot and was heavily damaged on landing, never flying again.

Cheers,

Bill

On 04/08/2022 at 05:28, Navy Bird said:

Obscure indeed! It made only one flight with just a pilot and was heavily damaged on landing, never flying again.

Cheers,

Bill

Are you sure the pilot didn't just run up the wings and jump off the top ?

• Haha 1

I wonder what the gents in the photo on the box top would think to know they've been immortalized in a painting on the cover of a model kit?    :hmmm:

Cheers,

Bill

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Zerbe Air Sedan by AviS - released
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I built this kit.  I don't know what I'm doing because I usually build Second World War aircraft, but the kit goes together well.  The white and light gray sprues you see in the photo above are made from some sort of very soft, spongy plastic.  That works well for the wing incidence linkages, because you need to bend them.  The tiny sprue with engine parts (middle right above) gave me trouble though because the soft plastic crumbled when I tried to clean up the parts.

More here:  https://howmanyinstruments.wordpress.com/avis-1-48-zerbe-air-sedan/.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Deliciously bonkers! Sold to the nutter from Mars. :mental: Clearly designed by Baldrick or one of his relatives. I believe @general melchett uses one of these as his executive runabout. I'm sure he can elaborate further.

Nutter of Mars 👽

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Nutters!

And coming to a certain modelling forum near you in the very, very near future! :evil_laugh:

Unhinged of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

I mean AviS = nutters 

you my green tentacled friend are borderline certifiable 😆

Flattery will get you nowhere! Out with it; what do you want?

Suspicious of Mars 👽

• Haha 2

First the Lee-Richards Annular Monoplane, now this - who says you need to limit yourself to the mundane likes of Mustangs or Spitfires or Bf-109's if you want to establish your presence in 1/48 scale? Profits? We don't got to show you no steenkin' profits! Way to go, Avis!

John

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Looking at the box top I almost thought this was some kind of new-fangled thresher. Veeeeeey Interesting.... (In my best Artie Johnson Imitation) :bandit:

Hmm, now there's a thought, an aerial threshing machine group build! :hmmm: I am given to understand that @general melchett uses one on the Melchett Estate on Manic Farm to thresh/thrash his serfs. Either way he would be of great assistance with reference photographs. I think we have a cunning plan coming together here!

Martian :hmmm:(Creator of Cunning Plans Since Stardate 13.12.1961)

• Haha 3