My Pawnee.... ready for tugging...

Just finished this today too. ( A bit of a Piper theme going on).

KP 1/72nd kit with custom made decals for G-BAUC as operated by the Southdown Gliding Club. This was the tug that aerotowed me back in April for my gliding experience.  The chap who did the decals for me got the fuselage reggie the wrong size and font so I resorted to my Modeldecal RAF  lettering as being the closest to what I needed.  But he did a marvellous job on getting the club name down to a very fine size and printed separately with the orange background on white decal paper as it needed to be applied over the orange stripe.

I made a towing attachment from plastic card strip, its a bit of guess work but loosely resembles the real thing. I also added the protection bar to the windscreen form the same plastic strip. Whip aerial from a nail brush!

vgoVW2.jpg

eoQvG0.jpg

qjbqJ2.jpg

The orange for the wing tips and nose cowl I mixed using Revell Aqua acrylic paints mixing their orange with a dash of white getting as close a match I could.
Ui6HDo.jpg

W71mXy.jpg

The underwing reg was from the custom made decal sheet.
JpYkDI.jpg

This close up doesn't it justice showing up gremlins. But you can see the title though. Its better viewed in the 'flesh' !
QMT6Kl.jpg

Its not my best but I'm happy enough with it. I just need an ASK-21 and DG-500 to go with it in 1/72.

• Like 34