General Slim of Burma, Airfix multipose conversion in Military Modelling magazine, which issue?

Picked up a book on Burma campaign at the local fete,  saw a colour pic of General Slim, which instantly reminded, me, there was a  Airfix multipose conversion in Military Modelling magazine, late 70's, early 80's, any know  which issue? 

They did a series of these famous generals, IIRC, conversions mostly based on multipose/54mm Airfix and maybe Historex kits.

I know recall the General Slim of Burma was based on US Marine legs, and I suppose 8th Army torso, with a scratch built slouch hat?   It was dynamic, like the figure was standing in strong wind.

I may well still have the magazine... somewhere!  either/or from the time, or when I was given a vast stack of model mags years ago,   If any can remind of the issue that would be of great help  as I can look up the issue cover which makes finding it easier when browsing.

if you happen to have the mag and can photo the article that would be fantastic as it would save a lot of digging around.

TIA

T

March 1979. It has a yellow background to the cover of Max Longhurst's "Carabiniers" vignette. I have dug my copy out, but I won't be able to do a scan of the article until next Sunday.

Yes, it was US Marines legs and arms, 8th Army torso and head, and a scratchbuilt slouch hat, with various plastic card additions to the uniform.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Richard Humm said:

March 1979. It has a yellow background to the cover of Max Longhurst's "Carabiniers" vignette. I have dug my copy out, but I won't be able to do a scan of the article until next Sunday.

Hi Richard, thanks for that, I'm almost certain I have a copy,  somewhere, so don't worry about a scan.   If I  go hunting for the mag I'm bound to find half a dozen other things that are also 'lost' 

2 hours ago, Richard Humm said:

Yes, it was US Marines legs and arms, 8th Army torso and head, and a scratchbuilt slouch hat, with various plastic card additions to the uniform.

Funny what sticks in memory...   

cheers

T

On 8/2/2022 at 10:49 AM, Troy Smith said:

They did a series of these famous generals, IIRC, conversions mostly based on multipose/54mm Airfix and maybe Historex kits.

What a cool idea!