1/48 Eduard Zero

Eduard 1/48 Zero finished. Really nice kit to build. I accidentally knocked off the instrument panel towards the end of the build, so closed the canopy up. All markings other than the numbers on the tail were masked and painted.

The green turned out to be a lot darker than I expected. I recently built the Tamiya Dinah and thought I was using the same green, but this has come out more black green.  I am happy with it anyway. 

the Last pic is of it with the Tamiya Dinah I recently finished

DSC_0833 DSC_0834 DSC_0835 DSC_0839 DSC_0840

DSC_0841 DSC_0842 DSC_0844 DSC_0847 DSC_0848 DSC_0855 DSC_0860 DSC_0861 DSC_0864 DSC_0866

• Like 22

Please forgive me but you have not fixed the undercarriage top covers. It really shows. The antenna mast has a strange stance too. best regards and good model of a classical WWII fighter.

52 minutes ago, Jagdtiger1 said:

Ignoring the weird colour accident, this does look brilliant Pagey!

The weathering on it is exceptional. Out of interest, what paint colour did you use on it? Presuming you used XF-11 on the Dinah.

James.

The zero was painted with xf-11 with highlights of xf-13. The Dinah was done more xf-13 I think. 

1 hour ago, Zigomar said:

Please forgive me but you have not fixed the undercarriage top covers. It really shows. The antenna mast has a strange stance too. best regards and good model of a classical WWII fighter.

Are those the clear bulb bits on top of the wings. I seem to have misplaced to sprue. It will show up I am sure

15 hours ago, Zigomar said:

No no I am talking about the UC cover. There is a plate at the top of the leg with an angle, look at th51931022302_31ec8ba4fe_5k.jpg25D41FD6-B172-49FA-900A-E4FF490601F5_1_201_a by jean Barby, sur Flickre pic you'll understand what I am talking about

Thanks Zigomar. I have had a look back through the instructions and found I page I must have missed. I also missed off the access step and the weight balancers on the flaps drop the underside. 

Amazing build, and the colour difference isn't too bad at all.  I always strive for "good enough," but you seem to have gone for "excellent enough."  I love your weathering, and the paint chips show that it hasn't been too heavily used in the Pacific yet.