DH 80 Puss Moth information

Peter Cane

I am building a 1/4 scale rc DH 80 Puss Moth and require photos of the interior cockpit, controls, dash, levers, knobs, rudder bars etc etc.

I have searched the web and have not hit on anything useful except a very expensive book.

Where would I go to to find this information please?

Pete

Have you tried googling de Havilland DH80 Puss Moth interior? Look at "Images". You should find a period shot of the instrument panel plus other useful stuff. Try other combinations of search phrase and you might come across something.

Dave

Edited by Fastcat

5 hours ago, MODeller said:

Try Amazon " The de Havilland moths in detail" around £25 delivered fantastic book for moth lovers.

I have wondered about this book.

Some of the prices are unbelievable.

If I can get it for £25 I will.

It will cost me that in postage to Australia but I am game for that.

Where have you seen it for this price?

6 hours ago, Fastcat said:

stuff. Try other combinations of search phrase and you might come across something

Yes I have tried that but very few head on images of the dash, all the controls and what they do.

When I model something I must know what it does .

The plan is to copy the images of instruments for example and print them to correct size in order to fit them in a 1/4 scale Puss Moth.

No images of the seats, luggage racks etc seen on the internet.

How on earth did modellers get their sources of info in the days before internet?.

Yes..I was alive then too!! Ha ha.

I may have to raid the wallet and buy the book " Moths in Detail" by Stuart Mackay.

• Like 1

Hi Peter   have a look on Large Scale Planes site as I giunx some walk around images on there when I was looking. Also I am sure when searching Google there were some under DH80 Puss Moth interior search on Google.

Hope this helps 

Chris

1 hour ago, Ed Russell said:

I borrowed the book in an inter-library loan as i couldn't find a copy to buy at the time.

I forgot about libraries.

Good idea!

10 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Peter   have a look on Large Scale Planes site as I giunx some walk around images on there when I was looking. Also I am sure when searching Google there were some under DH80 Puss Moth interior search on Google.

Hope this helps 

Chris

I will keep trying Chris.

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 1:58 PM, Peter Cane said:

I am building a 1/4 scale rc DH 80 Puss Moth and require photos of the interior cockpit, controls, dash, levers, knobs, rudder bars etc etc.

I have searched the web and have not hit on anything useful except a very expensive book.

Where would I go to to find this information please?

Pete

PM me and I'll send you some pics. I have cockpit photos.