"Intruder XB982"

Hello my friends,

I would like to introduce you to my new project. it will be the "Intruder XB982" from the comics Valerian & Laurine.

The spaceship is my second favourite on my eternal spaceship list.😃

I designed the ship in Tinkercad and printed it out. I constructed a planet with rings and moons as a stand.

Attached are a few pictures of the creation of the planet so you can better see what I mean.

planet10.jpg

planet12.jpg

planet11.jpg

planet13.jpg

I hope you will join me in this construction...

Is this written correctly in English?

Edited by Predator
  • Like 8

I'm not familiar with Velerian & Laurine so I had to google it.

Some great images turned up. Also the information that some of Star Wars is surprisingly close to it.

I also found a decent picture of their ship, so here's a link for the curious out there

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAD6RzCi_ODlak-uLHSvnxCBuSc45CpdX83Q&usqp=CA

8 hours ago, Predator said:

Is this written correctly in English?

It's much better than my German! Yes. Though you may want to change the font to something like this so it's easier to read.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

In 2017 I saw the movie "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets" with Cara Delevingne as Laureline. Rihanna was also in it: she is a competent actor, as her previous role in "Battleship" demonstrated, but in this Valerian movie her acting was underused. Overall a film that could have delivered more. I look forward to Predator's proposed model, as I'm sure it will deliver the goods. I know very little about CAD, but could you design the planet base so that the "orbital" rings go through the moons rather than sit underneath? Just a thought. Your existing base design is still a novel idea.

• Like 1

Good day,

It's finally a bit cooler here, only 29 degrees.😄
That's why I'm posting a few pictures now, hurray.

The parts printed out.
You can't see much of the structure:

intrud10.jpg

intrud11.jpg

That's changing now.
The "Intruder XB982" is primed with blue:

intrud12.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...