99 Squadron C-17 Globemaster III Photocall RAF Brize Norton - August 2022

Thanks to Threshold Aero for working with the Royal Air Forces Association and 99 Squadron at RAF Brize Norton for arranging access to one C-17 Globemaster III (ZZ175) today. ZZ176 was also on the pan and available to photograph (from a distance).

Whilst we were on the pan, three Atlas C.1s taxied out and took off, but due to a busy flight line and lots of ground equipment, it was difficult to get decent images.

Here is my record of the day, with other resident aircraft to follow in the second instalment.

20220801_123731.jpg

20220801_124821.jpg

20220801_140804.jpg

DSC_5012.jpg

DSC_5021.jpg

DSC_5025.jpg

DSC_5033.jpg

DSC_5052.jpg

DSC_5059.jpg

DSC_5068.jpg

DSC_5080.jpg

DSC_5083.jpg

DSC_6882.jpg

Thanks for looking. I will try to post the second batch of other Brize residents tomorrow.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Hi Leigh. In was in two minds about whether or not to attend that event and now having seen your photos, I rather wish I had!  Great stuff as usual on what looks a nice day weather wise and with great C17 angles to boot.

Mark

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canberraman said:

Hi Leigh. In was in two minds about whether or not to attend that event and now having seen your photos, I rather wish I had!  Great stuff as usual on what looks a nice day weather wise and with great C17 angles to boot.

Mark

Hi Mark. Jamie, our 99 Squadron host was very hospitable and I had a great few hours.

I'm pleased you liked the pictures - the forecast was 22°, but when I left, the car was showing 28° and rising. 

keep an eye open for a Threshold C-17 night shoot in November.

1 hour ago, Pauly Block said:

Beautiful images of an awesome aircraft!

Thank you very much, Pauly! It was amazing to be so close to the C-17 (and the other aircraft on the pan!)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Latinbear said:

Very nice set of shots! I was looking forward to this but thanks to our dear friend Covid I couldn't attend. 

Thanks for the kind words, Latinbear. Sorry to hear that you succumbed. I avoided it until June this year.

Get well soon. 

PS. There is a C-17 night shoot planned for this November and another daytime photo call next year. 

• Thanks 1

• Alpha Delta 210 changed the title to 99 Squadron C-17 Globemaster III Photocall RAF Brize Norton - August 2022
  • 2 weeks later...