RAF Sutton Harness in 1/48 and 1/32

Mark

Hi to you all!

quick question regarding the RAF harness used in WWII aircraft.

Which company produces the best representation of the Sutton harness in 1/48 and 1/32?

I also understand that the harness changed in later aircraft?

Cheers!

HGW IMHO, but a bit fidly as the straps and buckles are separate. I would also recommend 'peeling' the straps. I use a new craft knife to split the straps in two to thin them, which makes it easier to assemble them.

If you want an all in one option the recent resin printed jobs look quite good, but I'll leave that one to others to recommend a particular brand and method of attachment,

• Thanks 1

In 1/32 I have used the RB Productions version and it is superb, however they are no longer in business, I have used the HGW version and it is not as good.

The good news is that Airscale now do a version which looks very much like the RB ones, I have bought one set but have not used it yet but it looks good quality.

As to the real belts look for Edgars posts on the subject, he was very Knowledgeable about the differences.

And from the Spitfire site

http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/the-sutton-harness-on-the-spitfire.html

And more from Edgar

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to you all!

I've now ordered the Airscale belts for the 1/32 and some 1/48 HGW ones as well.

But Dave! That is a great find and thank you!! I'll certainly be trying that out too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1