2023 Looking Good?

Just been perusing the proposals that have made it into the 2023 Bunfight, and I have to say it’s looking like a vintage year.  After a particularly fallow 2022 (for me), with nothing that I really fancied joining, 2023 could be a fab one. 

Then I realised how many I’ve supported in getting through to the Bunfight and what I am actually going to get to vote on.  Then I remembered the topic discussing voting, or not, in the Bunfight, and felt a little guilty.   I remembered my comment: “The 2022 GB vote was a bit of a disappointment for me, as only one the GBs I voted for, got through. Sadly, for me, there’s little inspiration in the actual winners.  Some you win, some you lose. I just enjoy watching the rest of the GBs progressing and I try to focus on building something (which usually forms a good opportunity to enter a KUTA GB!”

But 2023 could be a classic year, one where I may have to spend a lot more time modelling 🙂 Or, more likely, a year where I start lots of projects and then fail to finish within the deadline🤦🏻‍♂️

I’m currently signed up to:

- I feel deserted

- Sopwith descendants and acquisitions

- Reconnaissance

- Airco and de Havilland

- Hawker - Tornado to Sea Fury

- Saab 35 Draken (although this is only a STGB)

With these still to get through to the bunfight, but looking likely:

- Meteorology (actually I think this should now be in the bunfight)

- Protecting neutrality

- Raiders of the lost stash

If we only get the 6 (was it?) votes, I’ll have to vote carefully 😳.

• Like 2

Yes I think we have the makings of some nice diverse and interesting GBs my only thoughts  are that I’d love

* some armour other than the Leopard build in the mix (hint hint)

* for the space based proposal to get through too,
*2023 represents a lot of significant 80ths for WWII so again Anzio/Stalingrad/Kursk/Guadal canal would be rich GB territory and finally
*id like not in my Comfort zone and or raiders of the lost stash to fly 

I do hope some of my proposals get through and the rust and wreckage GB.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

What I find really encouraging is the increasing number of participants in these GBs.

Every time we see a new person taking part in a GB for the first time. Realising the camaraderie of the event, the support of others and celebration of overcoming challenges along the way and hopefully the sense of achievement in the completion  (hopefully :fingerscrossed:)

Long may it continue 

From a personal point of view, I'd always rather have too many to choose from. The fault if any is all mine, in attempting too many builds and taking part in too many GBs at the same time ! :giggle:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2