1/72 Academy Spitfire MK.XIVc -

Kia Ora friends from all around the world. I hope you're doing well and not catching a cold like I have done. Still Covid free thankfully.

I'd like to share my recently completed Mk.XIVc Spitfire flown by Plt. Off. D J Watkins, No.350 (Belgian) Sqn while based at B118 Celle, Germany, April 1945. The rather bulbous spinner was replaced with the Quickboost item, along with a prepainted instrument panel, etched seat harnesses and Quicktboost exhausts. Minimal filling was needed, mostly on the chin intake to smooth out the join. She's painted with Mr Color RAF colours. Decals are Eaglestrike insignias with Xtradecal & Ventura for the individual letters. Yes, each individual letter. One day I'll try print my own serial #'s in black to save time. Weathering was rubber black highly thinned for the exhaust stains, a black/brown acrylic panel wash and various MIG or AK streaking effects.

Hope you like is at much as I do and hope everyone's keeping safe out there.

Cheer, Brad

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 28

The photos are showing up on my phone and mighty fine they are too!

I love the look of a Spitfire with a big five-bladed prop up front and with your understated weathering in all the right places, this looks like a perfect build to me.

Very well done! 😎👍

Kev.

• Thanks 1

If I click on a blank image, I get the black picture screen with no image but if I double click the little empty box on that screen it lets me view or download the image, which then works. I will try it on my laptop shortly.

I imagine this is happening for other people too?

Regards,

Adrian

44 minutes ago, Tempestwulf said:

Wonder if it's a image size thing. I use Dropbox and you gotta change the URL slightly.

Your images are a bit bigger than usual for BM, which might be a factor, having said that, they loaded fine for me on a PC, & looked pretty darn good too, the QB spinner really helps this much maligned kit, it looks really good in the 350 sqn scheme.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

The pics show up on my laptop but still not on my iphone (I get grey "spacer.jpg"s). Now that I've seen the pics I must say it looks very nice. I particularly like the restrained chipping and staining.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tempestwulf said:

Kia Ora friends from all around the world. I hope you're doing well and not catching a cold like I have done. Still Covid free thankfully.

I'd like to share my recently completed Mk.XIVc Spitfire flown by Plt. Off. D J Watkins, No.350 (Belgian) Sqn while based at B118 Celle, Germany, April 1945. The rather bulbous spinner was replaced with the Quickboost item, along with a prepainted instrument panel, etched seat harnesses and Quicktboost exhausts. Minimal filling was needed, mostly on the chin intake to smooth out the join. She's painted with Mr Color RAF colours. Decals are Eaglestrike insignias with Xtradecal & Ventura for the individual letters. Yes, each individual letter. One day I'll try print my own serial #'s in black to save time. Weathering was rubber black highly thinned for the exhaust stains, a black/brown acrylic panel wash and various MIG or AK streaking effects.

Hope you like is at much as I do and hope everyone's keeping safe out there.

Cheer, Brad

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

Thank's to made a "Belgian" one.

Alain

• Like 1

What a gorgeous Spit!

A very precise build and a perfect paint job.

Congratulations!

JR

• Like 1