Marseilles bf109f-4 part 3

• 2 weeks later...

Today I did a little detail painting and weathering. Getting down to the nitty gritty. I got a pile of small parts and a plane on its belly. Soon to put on its feet. 

20220809_133808

20220809_133744

Edited by Mycapt65
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Had a lot of distractions that stalled my simple palette cleanser build a few months ago. Yesterday and this morning I spent a little time on weathering and finding a concentric tail wheel. Feels good to be modeling again.

20220912_132731

20220912_130819

20220912_130754

I don't know why but the weathering gets lost in photos. It much more pronounced in person. 

Be well 

Ron

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Jochen Barett said:

I like the subtle weathering. After all it is a plane (the plane of the top scoring officer in the unit), not a jeep in rasputiza.

Thanks. I didn't go nuts on the weathering for that reason but it's a little heavier than shows here and looks much better in person. I'm not into heavy weathering unless it's really warranted. Personally I think the current fashion trend of accentuating every panel line is unrealistic. I use different methods of weathering. 

Thanks for your compliment and input. 

Ron

Edited by Mycapt65

5 hours ago, Mycapt65 said:

I inadvertently transferred tube glue all over the upper starboard wing while gluing the landing gear.

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo,...! 

Too bad, she was coming along great! 

Cheers,

Andre