sinnerboy

• sinnerboy changed the title to Womens Euro's

They certainly did.

I notice the girl who scored England’s second goal got a yellow card for twirling her shirt above her head in celebration!!

I'm a lifelong ignorer of football myself, but someone that has been watching it made a comment that really resonated with me.  If they take a hit in a tackle, the women just brush themselves off and carry on playing, rather than rolling round on the floor like they're dying, like the men's football players do.  That makes me smile, and should make the guys ashamed of their theatrics :yes:

• Like 17

Well  done to the girls / women / ladies - err am I digging a hole :lol:

The quality of play on both sides was premiership standard - C'mon England ! ! !

A great watch & an even better result - it made my weekend :clap2:

Steve

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Whofan said:

I notice the girl who scored England’s second goal got a yellow card for twirling her shirt above her head in celebration!!

Standard FIFA rule for men and women, implemented for a good while now.

I think this was the first time since 1999 we saw a women's team member do this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Standard FIFA rule for men and women, implemented for a good while now.

I think this was the first time since 1999 we saw a women's team member do this. 

You're right of course, It was Brandy Chastaine of the US who did it first.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm a lifelong ignorer of football myself, but someone that has been watching it made a comment that really resonated with me.  If they take a hit in a tackle, the women just brush themselves off and carry on playing, rather than rolling round on the floor like they're dying, like the men's football players do.

I've started watching women's competitions in tournaments from 2012 or so onwards - Olympics, EC, WC, doesn't matter if it's rugby (sevens! those are great!), soccer/football or hockey. Each one of those show the same spirit: get up and go on. 
Oh and cycling of course. #Miekithappen! 

22 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm a lifelong ignorer of football myself, but someone that has been watching it made a comment that really resonated with me.  If they take a hit in a tackle, the women just brush themselves off and carry on playing, rather than rolling round on the floor like they're dying, like the men's football players do.  That makes me smile, and should make the guys ashamed of their theatrics :yes:

I thoroughly agree. I stopped watching football a long time ago. Rugby Union has always been my game of choice. I got so fed up with football and the theatrical performances resulting from the so called men. Seeing a grown man going down as if he's been shot after the lightest of tackles makes me sick.

Last night's game was played in a fine spirit and the spicy tackles were just an accepted part of the game and it was a real breath of fresh air.

It was a great example of how the game should be played.

Occasionally, just for fun, I search YouTube for compilations of rugby tackles compared to those in football, they certainly make an interesting comparison.

Well done to the Lionesses, they thoroughly deserve the adulation they have received. They are a fine example to all the young girls who's dream is to play professional football.

Chris, a very proud Englishman.

22 hours ago, Tojo72 said:

Looking forward to the start of football season this thursday,Raiders vs Jags

Me too.

I love proper football 😉 (West Ham supporter) but I also enjoy the American variety as well.

Always look out for the Dolphins, 49'ers or Cowboys.

My Grandsons are very big into NBA. 

• Like 1