A build from the stash I didn't know I had!

2 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

And it works on this kit build!

Selwyn

Excellent! I rather like the ol' F4's, more so the ones that the RAF used and fitted the Spey engines into! Always loved the ROAR when they took off!

Great job on an oldie.  I had the F-4E version in '73 or so from Airfix but I couldn't bring myself to build it since they inexplicably failed to mold the window between the front and rear cockpits and my 16 year old self couldn't figure out a way to make a window there.  I can spot a sixties Airfix Phantom from 348 miles away because of that missing window.  😄

Aren't Modeldecals great?  

15 minutes ago, Ad-4N said:

Great job on an oldie.  I had the F-4E version in '73 or so from Airfix but I couldn't bring myself to build it since they inexplicably failed to mold the window between the front and rear cockpits and my 16 year old self couldn't figure out a way to make a window there.  I can spot a sixties Airfix Phantom from 348 miles away because of that missing window.  😄

Aren't Modeldecals great?  

I love Modeldecal schemes, i have a lot of their sheets, if i see one I buy it just in case,"don't you know. " Check out my A7 in the matchbox group build for another great modeldecal scheme!

Selwyn

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Markh-75 said:

Excellent! I rather like the ol' F4's, more so the ones that the RAF used and fitted the Spey engines into! Always loved the ROAR when they took off!

I am clearing my shelf of doom at the moment, on it is a unfinished matchbox  phantom being completed soon an FGR 2 if it comes out well i shall post it for your pleasure!

Selwyn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good memories to have brought back.

Modeldecal No.2 was the first aftermarket decal sheet I ever bought when they started back in the late 1960s although I used the Robin Olds F-4C option first then the VFMA-531 F-4B  both from the original Airfix USN F-4B kit release and using Humbrol 'Authentics' paints (B/C differences did not mean much to me back then) 767 NAS example was from the rather dodgy Revell kit although at that time the newly released Humbrol EDSG was actually closer to a shade of green and never really looked right.

37 minutes ago, Des said:

Good memories to have brought back.

Modeldecal No.2 was the first aftermarket decal sheet I ever bought when they started back in the late 1960s although I used the Robin Olds F-4C option first then the VFMA-531 F-4B  both from the original Airfix USN F-4B kit release and using Humbrol 'Authentics' paints (B/C differences did not mean much to me back then) 767 NAS example was from the rather dodgy Revell kit although at that time the newly released Humbrol EDSG was actually closer to a shade of green and never really looked right.

I read on the sheet notes 2 that the recommended kit for the sheet schemes was the airfix kit.

Selwyn