Century series color questions.

Hello Ive tried googling and older britmodeller threads. I have a couple of quick questions about Super sabres and Voodoo’s ? 

1) The interior color on gear bays of the two seat “Hun” during the late 60’s, was it light grey or Green. 

2) The speed-brake and interior door on the bottom of the Hun was it grey, green, or red ? 

3) The gear bay of A.N.G. twin Voodoo’s in the Mid 70’s, were they aluminum, white, or green ? 

I cannot find definitive answers on these questions ? I know the flap wells on the Voodoo are red and I think the speed-brake wells on the fuselage are as well ? Any help is gratefully appreciated. 

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

The gear wells and the speed brake well on the F-100 were a darkish interior green, approximately FS 34092. Flat Euro 1 Dark Green from your favorite paint manufacturer will work. The insides of the gear doors and speed brake were natural metal or aluminum lacquer. Same with the gear struts. 

The Voodoo's gear wells were the same green as the F-100, but the door interiors were Insignia Red. The interior of the speed brakes and the wells were also red. 

HTH.

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On the hun, Ben nailed it. The ANG 101s I saw had red gear door interiors but Interior Green NLG and MLG wells. These were aircraft I examined in transit alert at Reese AFB in the late 70s. As standardized as the AF is, I think you’d be safe with these colors.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

Hi Dennis,

The gear wells and the speed brake well on the F-100 were a darkish interior green, approximately FS 34092. Flat Euro 1 Dark Green from your favorite paint manufacturer will work. The insides of the gear doors and speed brake were natural metal or aluminum lacquer. Same with the gear struts. 

The Voodoo's gear wells were the same green as the F-100, but the door interiors were Insignia Red. The interior of the speed brakes and the wells were also red. 

HTH.

Ben

1 hour ago, wschurr said:

On the hun, Ben nailed it. The ANG 101s I saw had red gear door interiors but Interior Green NLG and MLG wells. These were aircraft I examined in transit alert at Reese AFB in the late 70s. As standardized as the AF is, I think you’d be safe with these colors.

Thank you both that helped a good bit. 

• Like 1